Thursday, September 11, 2014

Washi Tape Flowers

Not all sunflowers have to be yellow. I have declared this to be so, so be free and color your sunflowers any darn color you want, even fluorescent pink if that's what floats your boat.
I created the diagonal background with washi tape and I really like the look of it.  The thick strip is actually two of the same washi tapes next to each other.  The card base, the flower, and the ink on the greeting match a lot more in real life than they do on this scan.

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio.  Stamps used--Sunflowers and Essential Sentiments II; cardstock--berry and sugar;other products used--corner chomper, tuxedo assortment washi tape, onyx glitter, and Sunflowers matching dies. 

6 comments:

Janeen said...

i love the diagonal washi. very cool technique.

Leslie Hanna said...

Mmmm, washi tape on the diagonal. That's my go-to thing, and I love it!

And of COURSE a sunflower can be pink. It's ART!

Carol L said...

Great color combo, and I love the angled washi patterns! Sharp card!

stampingbowd said...

LOVE it in pink, you know I do!!! Love your onyx glitter. I think I need to look for some of that! Gorgeous card with the diagonal design!!! Love it!

Craftychris said...

Ooh, fab with the pink too! Love the washi tape background xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

The pink SO pops! Love the sparkly centre!