Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lime Sugar Skull

As promised I have one of the new stamp sets from the A Muse Studio holiday mini catalog.  This one is a true winner in my eyes and I couldn't wait to get a hold of it.  And I couldn't wait to do it up in one of my favorite Halloween color combos: lime green and purple.
Isn't that Dia de los Muertos sugar skull a lot of fun?  There are four different sugar skulls in that set and a matching die for those of you who are morally opposed to fussy cutting.  I added in a very old favorite "technique" of pleating crepe paper across the front of the card along with some fabulous Halloween baker's cording.

I'm teaching this card at a gathering this evening, so we'll see how that pleated goes and if it makes people want to gnash their teeth, pull their hair and/or drink tequila.  That last one may or may not be related to pleating.

The winner of my last month's comment to win something A Muselying A Muse is Craftychris.  Comment on this post telling me if you celebrate Halloween and if you are doing anything special this year. At the end of the month I'll pick a random winner to win some onyx (that's "black" for you color impaired) and lime twinkle stickers.  They are perfect for Halloween or other occasions.

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio.  Stamp sets used--Sugar Skulls and Halloween Fiesta; cardstock used--grape, lime, and sugar; other supplies used--lime crepe paper, Halloween baker's cording, and lime green twinkle stickers; colored with Copics.

2 comments:

Craftychris said...

Thank you so much! I am so pleased to be a winner of the wonderful ribbon - how lucky am I? I love the card, the stamp is awesome and I so love the colour combo! The pleating is fab and I would drink the tequila anyway! xxx

Carol L said...

What a cool and fun card! I never saw pleated crepe paper before, but it looks cool! The kids are grown/gone and the neighborhood kids won't walk up our steep hill, so I don't even buy treats anymore. It's just another day, but I still enjoy it!