Thursday, September 18, 2014

No Lyin'!

I just realized that I haven't shared last month's "mystery challenge item" card with you.  My big stamp group does a challenge where you receive an item and have to make something with it.  The mystery part is you don't know what it is until it is in your hot little hands.
This mystery item was the gold mini-cupcake wrapper that is now the lion's mane.  It was inspired by our one member who has done all sorts of crazy and creative things with cupcake wrappers.
Here's an angled view so that you can see it is shiny gold.  I had fun making this card.  The card I got back in exchange had the wrapper folded in half flat to make a witch's skirt--quite a fancy witch I might add.

The Fine Print:  Lion stamp by Stamps by Judith, dies by Spellbinders, twine by May Arts, the rest of the stuff from my stash.  Look ma! I actually used some animal print paper!!  By the way, this is a scheduled post as was yesterday's.  Tucson was due to get hit with Tropical Storm Odele and since we don't do rain well I may have already loaded my cats and rubber stamps up into the ark two by two and taken off.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Sounds like this was a fun mystery item to play with. I think your lion is very creative, and the witch sounds interesting too. I've never even heard of using a cupcake liner on a card.

Krisha said...

Clever idea to use the cup cake holder for the lion's mane.
Sounds like a good time to be had by all that play your mystery item game.

Carol L said...

What a clever use of a cupcake paper! This card is total ANI-MAL!!

I hope you're safe with those terrible floods out in AZ!! Please let us know when you can! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Jessi Fogan said...

now THAT is a unique way to use a cupcake liner! So cute :) I hope the ark wasn't too crowded!

Irish Cherokee said...

Very clever use of cup cake wrappers. Would make a dandy splat mark too. - Jim

Squirrel x said...

Very clever! And a great excuse to eat stuff in wrappers. Love his expression - is he constipated? Hugs xx