Monday, September 29, 2014

More Stags

Sorry, no make up Monday stuff today.  If you read my post from yesterday you know that I promised you some more cards made with the Christmas Stag set.  I was in search of a card that could be made at a workshop. It had to highlight some A Muse products, be something that is easy to duplicate but not too easy, and that would appeal to everyone in the group.

Yeah, those are some totally impossible guidelines because what you think is easy can stump others (can we say masking?) and you'll never make everyone happy. I thought both cards from yesterday were too difficult because of the coloring and stamp positioning required.  I liked the idea of the candy cane striped paper but I find it annoying that it is red and cream instead of red and WHITE.
So for the next card I thought I'd use white with just a strip of the off colored candy cane striped paper and came up with the card above. I feel this card is too simplistic and possibly even downright boring.  Next I started thinking of making a more elegant card using silver cording.
That idea lead to this card above.  The paper is silver shimmer, the washi tape is silver, the silver cording is silver and even the bling on the deer's nose is clear (that's close enough to silver).  I felt this card was a step in the right direction but didn't quite have the "it" factor yet.

Yep, I kept slogging away at it and came up with some more ideas.  You'll have to stay tuned for tomorrow's scheduled post to see what those are.

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio.  Stamps--Christmas Stag; cardstock--sugar, cherry, candy cane stripe, and shimmer silver; other products--cherry twinkle dot stickers, onyx pearl stickers, metallic assortment washi tape,and silver elastic cording.

6 comments:

Sarn said...

Well here's the thing PJ . . . you NEED clean and simple and EASY cards for your Christmas class makes . . . cuz people usually have to make loads of 'em. So keeping it simple works for me!!! I love these 2 cards.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Joyce said...

Love both of these--that is a very cool stamp, too.

MaryH said...

Gosh, I think both cards are great. #2 is truly very elegant but I did quite like the pop of the candy stripe trim on #1. That is an interesting image of this stag. TFS & happy to have your sweet comment recently. Hope all is well. Hugs

Leslie Hanna said...

While I do like the CAS, what about stamping it in gold or dark brown and heat-embossing it?

Carol L said...

Those are some great lookin' stag cards! Fun image!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

at first Judy thought this was doodle then read it was stamp very clever :D Shaz in Oz.x PS thanks for popping over.