Saturday, July 14, 2012

Up, Up and Away

Here's another card I made with the What's Up line of goodies from Basic Grey. I really like that dimensional balloon sticker. I think it is cool how it pops out to look awesome but can be folded down for mailing.  Flags and banners are big right now so I made one to put on my card.  Getting that notch to look right on the end of the banner can be a chore. Surely, there must be an easier way. Stop calling me 'Shirley.'

The Fine Print: Dude, I told you already. Basic Grey. What's up collection.  Maybe you need some Ginkgo Biloba for your memory issues.  The twine is by Doodlebug. That's new news.  You've probably already forgotten it though.

5 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

Great fun card.Cats love getting right into the "action" don't they?
When I work with wool in my sewing room, our puss goes crazy and attacks it!

Unknown said...

oh I love this!! that is such a cool sticker....love dimensional stuff!!!

Di said...

Snort! How I tittered at the small print :)

Fab card - loving the balloon. You got the banner V bit spot on.

I've read on blogs that some folk use the corner of a plain square die, lined up properly to get the 90 degree angle, stuck with removeable tape and then die cut. Bet this would work a treat but I can see your teeth itching at the thought of all that fiddling. And heck, I have more to spend money on than plain old SQUARE dies, man I can cut and measure those thank you.

You can buy a penannts Nesties die set which comes with some banners in, I've got it but they are very narrow and of course the length can be limiting unless you do some fancy jiggery pokey by part cutting and turning etc which frankly is beyond me.

So, I opt for measuring and pencilling a V shape on the back - sometimes I hit lucky with 90 degrees, sometimes not.

Life is too short to peel a grape - hey, what was your card like again? :)

Hugs, Di xx

Georgiana said...

The dimension of that balloon is pretty cool. I agree...I have a heck of a time getting my pennants right, but hey...who said they have to perfect every time.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Sandy said...

I use the square punch to get mine. I just do it by eye and chop away at the end till I'm happy with it. Quite easy really you just have to get it in the centre. You could put a dot in the centre I suppose and then put the
corner of the square on the dot. I Like it much better as you get that crisp corner with no bits. Sandy :)