Sunday, July 1, 2012

Eff Off, Summer!

This card says "hello summer" but only because I didn't have an f-- off, summer stamp.  But truly, summer can blow me. I used to love the heat but this year it is kicking my behind.

I made this card based on the sketch from this challenge.  I didn't make for that challenge, I made it for a swap that used that same sketch. I wanted to be bold and exciting like other people often are and turn the sketch sideways, so I did. My original plan had been to cut Vs in the end of the three strips of colored paper so they would kind of look like banners. I came to my senses though and realized there was no way I was going to get nice even V-cuts in all three pieces so I dropped the idea.

The Fine Print: Don't let the whining fool you, I hate cold too, much more than heat. And since I live on the wrong side of tracks from Hell "too cold" for me is anything under 80 degrees. "The Parents" stamp by Eat Cake Graphics, "Hello summer" by TAC, sun stamp by Stampendous, red and yellow design paper by Paper Salon, blue design paper by DCWV, blue on blue baker's twine by Doodlebug Design Inc, navy blue card base (you can't really tell it from the black frame) by A Muse Studio.

1 comment:

Squirrel x said...

Oh hunny, you would not survive in Britain for long, any more than I would in Arizona. I hate it if it gets about 70!! Must be all this fur. Sxxx