Saturday, July 21, 2012

Black Cats

I don't want to say that I watched too much Breaking Bad last night but I dreamed that we had to save my black cat, Jack, from the Mexican cartel.  It was a very realistic dream complete with purring and fur shed in my face.  I woke up enough to discover that Jack had snuck into the bedroom and was curled up in my arms next to my face. 
Target of the Mexican Drug Cartel
No telling why black cats take the blame for evil and related nonsense  My husband will tell you that cats of all colors are bad, evil, and just plain wrong. Anyone who has owned been owned by a tortoiseshell knows what I'm taking about.

Anyway, sneak peak time!  A Muse Studio has a great new Halloween set coming out August 1st that has a cute cat stamp and great black cat saying. I bought a workshop kit along so I could share the thrill of a|s and Halloween with my unsuspecting craft buddies.  They sent along this card as the sample.
I really liked that card, but I had to jazz it up some with some patterned paper and add a bat.
The Halloween bundle came with 3 new bat dies, which received a lot of comments when I unveiled them on Wednesday. I couldn't wait to try one out on felt. Plus they have this new spray product called Splash and I got the orange. I had to use that right away too! I spayed over the greeting in this card. The photo doesn't show it well but it is a neat effect in person.
There is more to that set than cats and bats. In fact, there are 16 fun H'ween stamps in that one set with many great sayings. There is another great H'ween set coming too but it isn't available until August 1st. I can't sneak peak it for you either because even me, with my rank and privileges and knowing the secret A Muse Studio consultant handshake cannot order it until then.

Dude, the cartel could totally use my talents.
The Fine Print: Stamps from the "Toil and Trouble" set, dies, solid papers, and stitched ribbon by A Muse Studio.  Patterned papers from Memory Box "Nightfall" collection.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh Look at that cute cat stamp ( and real cat) The wording is in a lovely font. What a great sentiment. Will be great to see the others thanks for the sneaky peek. Sandy :)

Squirrel x said...

Battastic my friend, great spooky cards! Having been owned by a tortoiseshell (my darlin' Mollie) I can assure you they are not all mad, bad and evil, she was the sweetest creature ever. Vincenzo Spaghetti on the other hand ..... lol, only kidding, he's a big softy really. Hugs Sxx

Lisa-Jane said...

I love how you improved the card! Great looking puss too.

Morti said...

Love that phrase...must find an A Muse consultant over here....

Words and Pictures said...

Great jazzing up of an already fabulous image with the black cat! And the bat card is really wonderful - with super sentiments on both. I've been having a wander round, and decided to join the gang - I'm your newest follower!
Alison x