Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cards for my Stamp Club

Remember this?
It is letter charm that I was given as part of our monthly challenge swap.  The idea is that you agree make a card with the mystery item first and then find out what the item is next (hence, 'the mystery' part of it). This month everyone who played got a letter or punctuation mark.  Here is what I made.
You can see the "V" in there can't you?  I removed the loop that the charm was to hang from and I glued it down face down. I knew I didn't want to use it as a letter and am excited that it looked good as a flourish in the bird's tail. I'll have to wait until Saturday to see what other people did with their letters.

We also host a monthly card exchange and this month the theme is Trees. I originally wanted to do something with the big bare tree that DeNami has and fill it with leaves and birdhouses but while leafing through the new A Muse Studio catalog a sample card there inspired me to make this instead.
I paper pieced the trees using A Muse's gingham paper, which I just love because the gingham is so small. I also used washi tape as the ground and the border at the bottom of the card. I have several rolls of washi tape and it is about time I do something on the front of cards with it (I use it on the inside a lot).

The Fine Print: Peacock card-stamp by Hero Arts, ribbon by A Muse, background paper by DCWV.  Tree card-stamps by The Angel Company, decorative washi tape by My Mind's Eye, blue washi tape by A Muse.

4 comments:

fairy thoughts said...

yep I saw it ..... very clever and a lovely card
janet

Sandy said...

How clever to use the letter like that it looks perfect there. I think your trees are very funky with the gingham. Sandy :)

Mary Jo said...

You are so creative!!
And I love your tree card :)

Create With Joy said...

Beautiful cards! Have you shared these at Inspire Me Monday?

I LOVE peacocks!

Have a fabulous day!

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com