Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Workdesk Wednesday: Just One More Inch!

Today is Workdesk Wednesday where we share our work spaces and snoop into everyone's business. Yesterday was Root Canal Tuesday where I stayed home from work with a numb face and ridiculous ideas.  I'm always trying to kill off the plastic storage units in my house so yesterday I got the brilliant idea of changing out my plastic Iris tower with some of those Recollections MDF modular cubes.  No biggie, right?  Wrong!  It turns out my unit requires one more inch than was available.  That lead to all sorts of madness seen below.
Empty out the desk and move it over.
Back in place with modular furniture.
This morning, it's not done yet.
I had to head off work and leave it in this state so no telling when it will get completely back in order. I didn't think to take a photo of the stuff I had piled around in other parts of this room.  Part of the madness is that I didn't actually buy any new furniture. I just plan to make better use of what I do have and do a lot of purging.

The Fine Print: I'm working on getting my dentist to offer a buy three-get one free deal. I was warned as a kid I'd have crap teeth when I got older because of my meds. They did not lie. That 5-drawer unit on the bottom is the oddball that doesn't match the rest of the Recollections module size, hence the need for one more inch.

14 comments:

Sue Jones said...

aww one inch what a pain!! Good luck with the sorting and thanks for the visit earlier. Have a great week. Soojay x

Leslie Hanna said...

oh, that pesky inch!! bu you are re-organizing and purging, so it's all good!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the Buy Three Get One Free thought...I think the dentist is missing a trick there!! Hope the treatment has worked ok.....
I think your sort out looks great, I'm sure you'll manage to wedge your stash in somehow....perhaps you could channel time travel :-)
Hugs, LLJ 5 xx

Shoshi said...

Never seen your desk so bare, PJ, but at least there was a kitty on it!! Why is it that the simplest jobs always seem to hide something that makes them take twice as long? I am sure you will be delighted with your new storage once you get organised again.

Thanks for your visit and I'm so glad you like the kitty box. It will be fun to fill it with kitties once I get sewing again! I heard from the publisher today and she's happy for me to post about my Zentangle piece so it will go up tomorrow.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #29

Stacy Sheldon said...

That is hysterical that the kitty is still surveying the kingdom from the empty I am moving things around and emptied it to do that desk lol... Hopefully the dental visit is not too painful.

Unknown said...

All that work and off an inch. What a pain! And hopefully your tooth pain is gone by now. Never had a root canal, thank God, and hopefully never will need. Hope you get everything back together so you can "play" some more! Happy WOYWW and thanks for stopping by!
Carol N #42

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Judy, hope the tooth work was successful and you get sorted soon.
Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 20

Nikki said...

That's a shame you had to move everything over one inch that's when you wish your desk had rollers on it. It's funny hang when you start moving things around the Purge gets easier to do have fun with it. I also love halloween I love to scare the kiddies if they want free candy they are going to have to work for it lol hugs Nikki 3

sandra de said...

Great idea......love those units and they are so much nicer than plastic. Hope you root canal settles and you can get back to creating. have a good week
Sandra de @33

Ohhh Snap said...

That is very brave of you to undertake, especially with a numb face lol. I have fears of the dentist and major reorganization and the though both on one day is daunting to say the least! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. I'm still mostly a Luddite. My cell phone is 9 years old, but it does make phone calls. I was very glad to have it when I hit the deer back in April, especially as the poor creature didn't die on impact (after flying over my car).

I'm sure you'll get the organization sorted : )

stampingbowd said...

Well, it's awesome storage even though it's a bit of a trial to get it all put back together! I love your helpers!!! They are so cute! We thought OUR oral surgeon should have given us a discount when our son had to go back THREE times for surgery and he STILL had to have his tooth pulled. So sad! So bummed you have to have all this dental work done. Bleck!

Greta said...

Hope your mouth is back to normal soon! What a project, but I'm sure you'll love your desk when you finish it!

LesleyG said...

I had to look twice as your desk was so tidy! Then realized..... Oh how I feel for you on so many levels. I've done that rearrange purge dammit need another inch thingy wotsit so many times too, and the teeth, yuk, hope you are ok xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Eek - root canal and a half-completed plan gone wrong... it's two nightmares rolled into one. I hope they both sort themselves out. Well, no, I hope you manage to sort out the desk, and I hope the dentist sorts out the teeth... That's probably more practical than them doing it themselves.
Alison xx