Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Chipboard Thingies

I never can quite decide if I like chipboard elements or not. I truly do not like the ones that are blank for you to paint, ink, decorate or decoupage because that is just too damn much work. The ones that come pre-prettied up though, at least those are useable.
However, I often feel like I'm cheating when I'm using them because it is hardly any work. I feel okay for small ones like hearts and stars that can be used like any other embellishments. But when you want to use a large one as a focal point, then I get a bit nervous.
Since I found a package of them in my recent tidying spree I thought I should suck it up and try them out. They were paired with some fancy papers, pearls, and alphabet stickers, some of which you can see here. I'm not entirely comfortable with them, but I did make a couple of cards.

The Fine Print: So the cat tried to chew the plastic bag the chipboard was in which can and will leave teeth marks in the chipboard so I threw it out. I was so sure I'd remember who made them. Who are we kidding? I've got no clue on any of this.

9 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

It's not cheating, but I hear you. I feel like that when I make a no-stamping card.

The REAL cheaters are people who use colored digital images. (So says I)

LesleyG said...

Didn't even know they existed! They do look quite elegant, but cats know best :) xxx

Carol L said...

I'm loving the soft color combo here, and especially that pretty sentiment. I guess I've been unfolded several times already, so now I'm glad to know those are fold marks on my body and not stretch marks! LOL

Greta said...

I love pink & gray--great use of the pretty chipboard pieces!

Squirrel x said...

Have to agree with you O Wise One, I think part of the problem is there's not much satisfaction in sticking on a chunk of chipboard (chewed or otherwise) - very pretty papers though. Hugs xx

Sandy said...

Yeah, I feel that way about premade stuff, but as long as the end result looks good, you've made a usable card.

Fikreta said...

great card

Bonnie said...

I think I've finally disposed of all the chipboard thingys around here! Too bulky to mail! But this one looks very classy with the fancy papers!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, love this colour combo! Gorgeous cards!