Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Desk Day and Boo Box Reveal

Hello My Fellow Desk Sharing Friends And You Other Folk! I'm going to cheat a little today and show you my desk from this past weekend for WOYWW. That's because my desk right now is so clean it only has a magazine and two dies on it.  Dull!
This is much more interesting. I was making something with bright neon colors and circle punches (the neon flowers got rejected). Previously I was working on black and white iris fold samples and there are a lot of random stamps and stamp sets on the desk because you need randomness when creating.
I finished the two cards in a box. The one on the right is the one I will be teaching this evening. I will tell them to stick that Boo Moon higher up than I did (live and learn). The one on the left I will send to my friend who started this whole thing off.
After making this box, I still maintain that the hardest thing about the card in a box is deciding what to put in the box. I tried all sorts of things for this one and ending up with the ghosts and the bats; lots and lots of bats since they matched the greeting! The broom riding witch is a sneak peak as she isn't available to the public until October, which I guess is only tomorrow....! It's hard to fathom that it is almost October when it is 102 F outside.

The Fine Print: Stay tuned for tomorrow's post if you want to see the neon punched circle card. Large ghost die by Sizzix, small ghost die by A Muse Studio, bat punch by EK Success, Bats in the Belfry greeting by whoever was making House Mouse stamps at the time, spooky fence and pumpkin punch by Martha Stewart, witch on broom and costumed kids with matching dies by A Muse Studio.

17 comments:

Fikreta said...

your desk is nice
love this halloween box cards

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love to see your workdesk! No kitties this time! But lots of crafty fun! I love those fabulous box cards! I keep saying it but I need to make another one of these. Wish I could come to your class!

Lynn Holland said...

Fabulous fun.
Well done
Lynn # 20

Shoshi said...

Cards in a box are all the rage just now, aren't they, PJ. I have never tried to make one but have made explosion boxes in the past. Good idea to photograph your desk when it isn't empty! You know me - I always seem to be between projects on a Wednesday - I have no idea why!! I miss seeing your kitties on WOYWW when they are not there. Hope they are all thriving.

Thank you for your lovely comment. I am doing very well but rather exhausted today after overdoing things a bit this morning! I have rested this p.m. and then started some more colouring. The new Florabunda Zentangle book is a lot less complicated than regular Zentangle and less regulated - it's really creative and fun! I shall be blogging about it in due course, and I'm doing quite a few drawings and really enjoying it.

Not sure what the next colour of choice will be - I suspect it will be a variety now I'm purpled out lol!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #30

Christine said...

Big cheer for cards in a box!!!! I love them but do so agree about what to use as decoration, I have one half made and it just needs to be decorated but how ........
Take care
Christine
Bishopsmate #48

Stacy Sheldon said...

Those boo box cards are so flippin amazing Judy. :)

( I am totally not a fan or making fancy folds ever so, to me that people do this is totally WOW (always) :)

Sofie V said...

These cards in a box look beautiful!

I'm on number 40. You're welcome to visit my blog!

Greetings, Sofie
http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/

Unknown said...

I know sometimes I don't want to show my desk when it's all clean and boring. But other times I can't find what I'm working on for the mess! Thanks for stopping by. I just love the Box cards!!! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #42

Barb said...

Your box cards are great Judy. Lots of fun. I've only ever made one and that was just lots of daisies but looking at yours can see there's lots of scope for different embellies. Have a lovely week. Barb #24

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you are bang on trend....neon is popping up everywhere. I've even brought a couple of neon markers for myself! The cards are fab. I don't even get as far as wondering what to fill 'em with, I can't even get a theme sorted!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for visiting..Your desk is so clean as if you are gone ! But I do love the boxes. really cute pop up ideas. Have a fun week.

sandra de said...

Wow these little box pop ups are brilliant. Have a good week.
sandra de @12

Unknown said...

I have fallen in love with neon, so much so I want to make a neon art journal. Will have to take a closer look at those flowers you were making. I would love going to one of your classes and make a card in a box. Just so unique and fun. That witches and bats one is truly remarkable. Nice to see Halloween on your desk as I'm simply not ready for Christmas!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, THAT's what a boom box is...I wondered for a moment if it was a euphemism for something rude :-). I love it, all the scary bits, the in your face colour...perfect for Halloween :-)
Hugs, LLJ 17 xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I do that too Judy - take a photo of my desk when it's the messiest for shock effect - not necessarily on a Wednesday. Those halloween box cards are just too cute! The orange and black work so well for this theme. Have a great day after WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #36

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant boo boxes - those bats are bonkers (was going to say fabulous, but I was enjoying all the bbbbs).
Alison xx

Bonnie said...

What fun Halloween cards, PJ! I think you did great in filling the box! Love the sentiments on the flaps too!