Sunday, September 20, 2015

Stripy Cards

I applaud those people who love to make their own backgrounds. I find it time consuming and tedious. I try it out every once and awhile to make sure it didn't magically get easy and fun. 
Since it didn't, I pulled out a stripy piece of background paper for this next card. That was easy. That was fun. That's way more my style.
The Fine Print: Stuff from Club Scrap "Cape Cod." I can't figure those eyelets out. They deform no matter how gently you tap them into place. No wonder brads rule the market these days.

8 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Oh dear - we're clearly dead opposites... I love making backgrounds, and then frequently find myself at a loss as to what to do next, since I don't want to cover it up! I like both stripy versions, but obviously you should make sure you're having fun - otherwise, really, what are we doing here?!
Alison xx

Krisha said...

FANTASTIC cards PJ!! I LOVE both of them.

Leslie Hanna said...

It doesn't look piecemeal at all. I like both cards. Yay for using another kit!

Leslie Hanna said...

So that comment was for your previous post. Blogger hates me.

Leslie Hanna said...

Eyelets ... tapping ... are you telling me you still use a hammer to set your eyelets? Get a Crop-A-Dile, woman! The eyelets still might go in wonky, but at least it's silent.

Also, some eyelets are more pliable than others. The SU eyelets were always soft and happy to be molded into submission. Some of the cheaper ones were too stiff to comply.

Greta said...

I like both stripey backgrounds & I LOVE the sentiment on the first card! You always make me laugh! Clever use of the eyelets & they look great, but I've had the same problem with some of mine loosing shape.

Carol L said...

I love the stripes on both cards, and the belt/buckle looks pretty cool too! I especially love the sentiment on the first - very thought provoking!

LesleyG said...

It's great that you've shown us both. I love doing both/either! Fab stripes cards, and do get a crocodile. I got the big one that punches holes in leather and everything! Still got zillions of unused eyelets though! Xxx