Thursday, September 24, 2015

Wild Thang, Wild Card

Are any of you familiar with Wordsworth's Wild Card Templates? They were by Wordsworth Stamps, long defunct, and were plastic templates of oddly shaped cards that you traced and cut out. The templates included matching oddly shaped envelopes.  They are definitely a thing of the past but if you are like me then you have some stashed away in a drawer somewhere.


I pulled one of the templates out the other day to make a card from it.  This one isn't as oddly shaped as some of their cards. This one basically looks like a tri-fold card with some interestingly shaped flaps. It was fun to make.

The Fine Print: The card template included the cutout for the window and I used an very old Wordsworth rub on word (which still worked!), flower punch by EK Success, paper flowers from Prima and all the other stuff from my stash.

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

OMG, I have (had) a bazillion of these. Just sold them at a crafty yard sale.

Sandy said...

I have never even heard of these before, but it looks like an interesting product. These days, of course, everyone would want to die cut it rather than trace and hand cut.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Cool card! Never heard of this before - looks pretty tricky to execute but the finished product is so neat!

Irish Cherokee said...

I think This card is cool. Love the shape and the way it opens.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Carol L said...

These templates are new to me but I love the fun cards you've made with them! All of those fun folds and colorful papers are definitely cheerful and fun!

Greta said...

Oh yes--I have one somewhere I've never used. I didn't know Wordsworth was out of business--loved their stamps & need to use mine! Your card came out great!

Words and Pictures said...

I know nothing of Wordsworth (leastways not in connection with templates... if you're talking about some pretty dodgy early 19th century poetry which people are fairly bafflingly fond of, then I can help out) but I love this fab funky folded contraption here. The flowers are making me smile too.
Alison xx