Thursday, December 18, 2014

Black & White and Filled All Over

I haven't made any new cards recently because I haven't felt well. I'm not sick like with some evil contagion that will infect everyone around me.  Instead I've been in a medically induced funk as the antibiotics I have to take for my recent dental work devour my intestines and perhaps even my very soul.  Basically it isn't pleasant.
Remember a zillion years ago when I tried the die inlay technique for the first time ever and started off with a ridiculous tree that was a lot of work?  Right after that I made the card above using the same technique.  It was a lot easier than the tree but still a bit of work as those parts are a bit fiddly over which hole they fit into and they have to be the proper direction.

After I made the black and white background I didn't really know what to do with it so I kept it simple with a giant black flower and a bit of fat ribbon.  It is what it is.  Needless to say I have an opposing background where the filled in parts are black and the lattice work is white.  I don't know what the heck to do with that either so I'm sure it is lurking in some pile or box somewhere.

The Fine Print: Die by Taylored Expressions--quatrefoil cutting plate; A Muse Studio--clear green button and grass silky crush ribbon; DCWV--card base; and giant flower from my stash.


4 comments:

Sandy said...

That looks like a difficult die to do an inlay on (not that I'd know as I haven't gotten around to trying it.). It looks excellent.

Carol L said...

This is just gorgeous with that quatrefoil background! It's a real treat for the eyes too with that pretty ribbon and big flower!

Leslie Hanna said...

As soon as I saw this in my feed, I ran (well, clicked) over to check it out. It's so pretty! But after reading your explanation, I realized why I don't use these detailed backgrounds much, either: OH, THE FUSSY! You'd think all those shapes would be the exact same, but no, that would be too easy. And it's the side pieces that kill me, especially when one decides to go missing and I have to re-cut to get it. Sigh.

I don't even want tot talk about the Hero Arts triangle die background I tried with about 4 or 5 colors of card stock. I must have been drunk that day.

Mrs A. said...

Looks very impressive. Just sitting here imagining what the white with black must look like. Stunning I should think. Maybe this is will be your new years resolution to come up with a card for it! hugs Mrs A.