Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Snarky Challenge

As I mentioned yesterday, I found some 6x6 paper and decided to use the wonky patterns first to get them out of the way.  Yesterday's was kind of whimsical and weird but today's can only be described as YUCK.
Which is perfect for the latest Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge: Y is for Yuck.  I'm not actually sure what all is in this pattern... it looks like a plate of pancakes with a flag in it, a bunch of petticoats stacking on top of each other, weird cup shaped flowers, and droopy petal flowers.  Plus it is all kind of an awkward color.  I paired it with a greeting, a ribbon and a die cut.
I inlay some of the die cut back in as it was too lacy looking otherwise.  I started off this this large epoxy pearl brad in the center but the more I looked at it the more that sucked.  So I swapped out for a simple bling.  Following yesterday's example I made a second card.
That left me with just a little strip of this design, so I chopped it into squares and made this card.  I was bound a determined to make this card with cheerier colors as I felt the top ones were too drab.
I think I made some decent cards out of rather yucky paper.  I wish I could say I am happy to see this paper go, but gosh-darn-it-all, I found another sheet of it.  I thought it was suspicious that I only had one of each sheet.

The Fine Print: "Absolutely Delightful" stamps and "Delightful Dahlia" die by Simon Says Stamps; "Paper Cottage" designer paper by Basic Gray; jeweled bling by My Mind's Eye; French Roast Ribbon, "Happy" and "Medium Scallop Border" dies by A Muse Studio; paper flower and brad from my stash.   

14 comments:

Janeen said...

giggling....it is rather bizarre isn't it? you did well with it i would have used it for scrap paper likely. :)

Chris Dring said...

That paper IS rather Dr. Seuss-ish, isn't it? That being said, These two cards you made from it are absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Carol L said...

You worked some magic with that "strange" paper, for sure! I'd have used it for kindling! LOL The cards look wonderful in spite of the mixed up images on that paper! Happy New Year!

Donna said...

Hmmmmmmmm yeah, that paper is.....interesting....
You however turned it into some fab looking cards!
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our Y is for Yuck challenge!!

Joyce said...

Good for you for turning some 'interesting' paper into a fabulous card set. Now, that is creative and clever. Happy New year.

Lindsey said...

You have described that paper perfectly! And to think you made three fine cards with it! Nicely done. And now you have a whole 'nother sheet to play with, lucky you. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

You did a great job with that bizarre paper...sometimes we all a what was I thinking when I got this moment. Thanks for joining our YUCK challenge at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Barbara Godden said...

yup that paper is hmmmmmm interesting but you did a fine job of using it for the Y is for Yuck challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

You don't put a flag in your pancake stack? Even with you being royalty, Princess Judy? Your yuck cards turned out pretty cute for starting from a poorly designed paper! Thanks for playing in the Y is for Yuck challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

stampingbowd said...

I think I have that paper!!!!!!!!! Love your cards! Y is for yummy not yuck!

Leslie Hanna said...

Yeah, that's pretty yucky paper. That little strip you used for the second card would have been trash in my world. You are a better man than I am. And that second sheet should go into the 'give away' pile.

I kinda like the Dr Seuss idea. :)

Sarn said...

Well, see . . . it turns out you are a GENIUS . . . making pretty cards from "interesting" paper! Way to go! xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG I have so much of that hideous paper left! I keep looking at it and thinking....gawd what drugs were the designer on? Because maybe I want some. *shudder* I think you did an ultra-fab job of making it un-ugly!

Karen Schroeder said...

OMG! I see the same things in your yucky paper. I can say without a doubt there are stacks of pancakes all over the paper! Thanks for yucking it out at SoSS!