Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Whoa, Nellie!

I wanted one last card that was gender neutral, non-holiday, and non-specific for the workshop I did this past weekend.  I pondered several ideas and then went with a CASE card because there was less thinking that way.
Of course the ladies in the workshop then wanted to know for what occasion one would send a "hold your horses" card for.  I suggested 'just because' or to put a smile on someone's face.  Luckily I brought along a birthday greeting that also fit into the die cut circle because that's what they all wanted.

So much for neutrality!  LOL!  It's all good though and at least it wasn't a Christmas card!

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio. Stamps used--First in my Book and Southern Sass; cardstock--navy, navy petite polks dot, French roast wood grain, sugar, grass and kraft; other products--dauber for sponging and nestabilities dies.

4 comments:

Janeen said...

what a great card. but uhmmm...yeah, i know what your ladies mean. i have sentiments like that too that came as part of a set and I wonder, WHEN would i ever use a sentiment like that. Like one says Shhh..I'm trying to whisper to my horse. REALLY?? You couldn't come up with a more lame one than that. These were not stamps I purchased but rather came in a Design Team bundle.

Mrs A. said...

I think that sentiment would be just right for someone who was into horses. I do know quite a few people who like horses. You could also make it into a rodeo style card. Hugs Mrs A.

Carol L said...

ME -= horse lover! Great card with those galloping horses! I'd be wanting to hold back the years instead of letting the horses run :)

Leslie Hanna said...

HAHAHAHA, I make so many cards that I have NO IDEA when you'd actually send them to someone. Good back-up plan with the birthday sentiment, and that horse is awesome.