Monday, December 15, 2014

Make Up Monday

Do you know how many more shopping days left until Christmas?  Yeah, me either.  I can't say I care.  It's like this: it either gets done or it doesn't.  It's that simple.  Now relax, sit back, and look at some cards that have nothing to do with Christmas.
This was my favorite card out of this whole kit.  The serving suggestion for this was to use the light layer as is, but I had to jazz it up with some wood grain alcohol embossing.  The leaves are layered on foam tape and overlapping.
After stamping the leaf for that last card I thought maybe I should use some of the other stamps I had that went with the kit. I like that fat orange jute/twine/rope/whatever with this card.  Normally I'm not a fan of that thick stuff but this card called for something bold to offset that frilly script.
I stamped and colored these leaves on one of the scrap pieces of cardstock that come in the kit and then didn't know what else to do with it.  I pulled out a SU set an turned it into a birthday card.
That SU set lead to me using this SU set to make this card.  The ribbon was part of the kit but I really went outside the kit box for this card, using my new (squee) Lawn Fawn stiched leaf dies.
Since apparently I'd given up on the stamps in the kit I had to use this favorite from Taylored Expressions as they had just come out with a matching die for it.  I like to fussy cut but I just couldn't say no to this die.  The printed strip and the brads were part of the kit.

There were still some bits and pieces of this kit left after I had my card making marathon but I just incorporated them into my stash as it was well past time to send fall cards by then.  I'm so proud of myself because I pitched the box after I finished up before I could start a new hoard in it! 

The Fine Print: I really got nothing for you here because I mentioned it all up in the post.

4 comments:

Carol L said...

Way to use up the whole kit for these cards! I love the woodgrain embossing, and especially that little stitched leaf! This is such a nice collection of cards!

Mrs A. said...

My fav of fav from this fav pile of cards is the last one. Hugs Mrs A.

Janeen said...

you were a busy stamper. i love the little bird in the squash. my daughter recently gave me that set as she was going to sell it. --i like all these cards. Good work. aren't the stitched dies fun? i am going to use my Simon gift cert. for their new double stitched dies.

Leslie Hanna said...

I love coming to blog with non-Christmas cards!

And yes, those LF stitched leaves are to die for! (ha, so punny)

PS: While unpacking several boxes recently, I actually purged the remains of a kit. Just not worth it. I admire your persistence.