Thursday, December 25, 2014

HB and MC!

Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus!  Happy Birthday to you!   (even if it really is just some Roman emperor's birthday that we're pretending is also the son of God's [birthday that is, not that we are saying the emperor is the son of God]).
That's my tree.  Oh.  Sorry.  I should have warmed those of you who know me first, because I never ever owned a Christmas tree before in my adult life or even in my childhood now that I think of it.  I was exposed to one then though.
And here's a CASE card I made because this crazy card was too fabulous not to case.  Plus it encouraged me to try the make small spots with a spray technique. Before this I was afeared to try.  I'm not into messy things... well, like painty messy things.  I do make a good mess easily!

Anyway...  Merry Christmas too!  Unless that offends thee, in which case, shove off!  See ya tomorrow!

The Fine Print: Card parts by A Muse Studio.  Stamps--Origami Christmas, Handdrawn Trimmings and Wishing you the Merriest; cardstock--sugar and kraft; other products--silver elastic cording and marshmallow Splash spray.

9 comments:

Georgiana said...

BOTH your tree and card is awesome. If you never owned a tree before what made you decide on one this year? I think it should be a new tradition for you.

Carol L said...

Happy Holidays to you and yours as well! That's such a cute tree!!!

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Princess Judy,

What a very pretty tree! I love my little pink one that I got this year (I bought it for the craft fair display but have decided that I will put it out every single year). Your card is very pretty and I LOVE to splatter paint! Yep, guess I'm a messy crafter.

Unfortunately I've been sick the last couple of days and am hoping to be able to go bowling with my family tomorrow.

Hugs,
Kay

HeARTworks said...

What a sparkly tree! I am glad you have one now! A blessed Christmas season from way over here in the Philippines! patsy

Leslie Hanna said...

Yay for spray! Contained spray, that is. I also like the vibrant ornament on the muted background.

And how could you not have owned a tree before now?

Jessi Fogan said...

I love me a little tree! It's just perfect and so much easier to put away. And yay for splat! It turned out perfectly. Happy "birthday" Jesus! :)

stampingbowd said...

I hope you had a merry Christmas! I hope your tooth pain and resulting health issues have begun to dissipate? I've been up to my eyeballs in family fun so haven't made it round to your blog! I like your tree!! Good for you getting a tree!! If you haven't had one before that first step is a big one! We went through stages when I was a child when we didn't celebrate. Sad times. I love a celebration!! :)

stampingbowd said...

Oh dear! I had so much fun with catching up chatter that I forgot to say how much I like your card!!! Your ornament is great fun and you did a fab job with the splatters! I love the splatter look but I have trouble getting splatter dots to fall where I want them!! Terrific card!

Words and Pictures said...

How fabulous - your first tree!! Tree's my favourite bit (pagan winter greenery rules!)... well, and candles... and music... and food.

See your point about the card - a real cracker (forgive me! - ah but you don't have Christmas crackers in the States do you, so now that's just nonsense). And fabulous spatter...
Alison xx