Sunday, January 31, 2016

One is a Lonely Number

One is very lonely number when it comes to layers if you ask me.  However, that's what they are asking us to do this week at the Merry Monday Challenge Blog. So after much angst, debate, and internal dialog I came up with this one layer card.
And ain't half bad if I do say so myself. I think it is that interesting knot that makes it, otherwise it is kind of ho hum.  I used frosted lace glitter glue on it so the snowflakes are all frosty looking.
Whew! I fussed over that card all week. Okay, really most of that was trying to figure out where in the heck I put the Christmas embossing folders (and you know what? I don't actually remember where I found it). I'm glad that challenge is done and over with. Next week they will probably have us do heat embossing or brayering or something equally horrifying.

The Fine Print: Snowflake embossing folder and greeting by Stampin' Up--Northern Flurry and Ornamental Pine, frosted lace glitter glue by Ranger, bling and embroidery floss from my stash. 

18 comments:

Colleen said...

Now I have the song( one is the loneliest number) us in my head!! LOL...you did a great job with this one layer wonder. II love your snowflakes. This us perfect!! Thank you for playing at Merry Monday!!

thecraftycavalier said...

This is beautiful :-) Love the pretty embossed snowflakes and the delicate sparkle. I think you're super brave attempting a one layer card - yikes!!! It's beautiful. Jayne x

LesleyG said...

wow you certainly rose to the challenge...one layer?! hhhrrrrummmmph now I'm wondering where my embossing folder like that is hiding......???!!!

JD/ Jill said...

You did a great job with the one layer challenge! I'm with you...they're not my favorite card to make...but you definitely rose to the challenge!

Bonnie said...

You done good, PJ! This is perfect! And next week won't be as horrifying. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! (I'm so proud of you keeping up each week!)

Janeen said...

i think you could become an expert at one layer cards. this is a beauty.

Crafty Cakes and Cards said...

Simple very classy design, like it.

MaryH said...

Gorgeous one layer. I LOVE this EF, and you're right...that knot is placed very strategically to add lots of interest. As did the sparkle you added over the snowflakes. Had to grin over your adventures in making this one. It's always the 'easy' one that you fuss with, right? This came together quite fine! Well done. TFS & Hugs

Carol L said...

This is a perfect example of a classy one-layer card! I love those sparkly snowflakes too!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I agree - one layers cards are tough and lonely :) But you did a fantastic job!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Margaret said...

certainly not ho-hum in my eyes - lovely

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome card for the challenge Judy, love every detail. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

Greta said...

Gorgeous use of the embossing folder, Judy, & a wonderful, elegant one layer card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Judy I am so glad you persisted and created this gorgeous masterpiece.
Blessings
Maxine

AlisonC said...

You rose to the challenge! You've made a simple but beautiful card. I do agree though, when try and go very simple it looks dull.

Greta said...

Hurrah! We got HM at MM! Have a great week, Judy!

Words and Pictures said...

I also find the idea of one layer almost impossibly difficult - but I do love your sparkling snowflakes. Hope it's something you enjoy next time!!
Alison xx

chrissy xx said...

Now this is something I have never attempted..One layer sounds so hard to me..This is
So pretty.
Chrissyxx