Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ready, Set, NO!

There was a while there where it was utterly ridiculously cold out and for some reason I felt compelled to defrost my fingers long enough to make these cards:
 No! Just say no to snow! But I was saying yes to all this wintery blue background paper I have.
This second card made me kind of sad because of Leslie's (The Crooked Stamper) passing. She would have loved this story.  See, last year I made several Swanky Snow Dude cards and shared them with her. I fussy cut the snowmen out and Leslie gave me grief about it and said I should just buy the dies. I finally relented and picked them up in the spring. Since I wasn't making snowmen at the time, when the dies came I just put them into the same package as the stamps.

Fast forward to this winter season and I pull out the stamps and matching dies... well, no I pulled out some dies but they sure don't match. Gosh knows what dies I did buy but it ain't the Swanky Snowdudes dies. I'm not sure if I ordered the wrong ones or if I was sent the wrong ones but the result was the same--random dies. I'm sure Leslie would have had a scream over that. I opted not to fussy cut the Swanky Dude this time.

The Fine Print: Top card stamps by Taylored Expressions "Ready, Set, Snow." Bottom card stamps by Paper Smooches "Swanky Snowdudes." Dies used by Spellbinders, designer paper by DCWV, stickers and twine from my stash. Of course I had to look up what dies those were: Cool Dudes. I don't have the stamps.

9 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Aww! What a sweet story! I am so sorry about the loss of your friend, I read Lydia Fiedler's beautiful post about Leslie.

Bummer about the dies, I love these pretty papers and cute snowmen, though!!! Happy New Year Hugs!

Sandy said...

I'm with you... no fan of the cold, but I love snowflake stamps.
Your die story is too funny (but to my eyes, that looks like a pretty easy stamp to fussy cut if you're so inclined.)

Janeen said...

beautiful post, sweet cards. hugs on the loss of your friend.

Sarn said...

I love both your snowman cards and can empathise with your little tale of woe.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Georgiana said...

Your snowmen are just too adorable. At least you found a way to use them and who knows about the dies...maybe you can find the matching stamp on Amazon or ebay.

Stacy Sheldon said...

I am so sorry for your loss Judy, and it makes me curious what dies you did end up with. ( and if they even make snowmen?) did you order anything else with them? ( maybe the snowmen got put away with the something else?

( was just a random thought)
~Stacy

Carol L said...

I love those wintry papers too, and the snowmen are too cute! I know Leslie would have loved this story and had a snarky response for you too :) Gosh, I'm already missing her wonderful sense of humor.

Greta said...

Your story made me giggle & feel sad that Leslie didn't get to hear it. Love your cards--great paper & layout & images--even without the matching dies! Maybe you can trade with someone or win a PS challenge & buy the right ones! They might even do a trade for you--doesn't hurt to ask!

Words and Pictures said...

I'd sooner say no to the rain if it's all the same with you - at least a bit of snow would make a change...

Funny story (oh the perils of too much online shopping) - and sad that Leslie will never get to hear it.
Alison xx