Sunday, January 24, 2016

3, 2, 1...

This week Shopping Our Stash asked us to do a countdown. We were to use three of one thing, two of another, and one of a third. Interestingly enough that sounds easier than it is. In the end I persevered and got two Valentine's Cards out of the deal. And better yet I used up random stuff from my stash, some of which has been around for quite awhile.
This card has three square brads (came in package with red and green so probably supposed to be a Christmas thing), two different patterned papers, and one glitter on acetate heart (made more than a decade ago).
This second card has three punched hearts (from a little used punch), two strips of ribbon (from my extensive stash of green ribbon) and one glitter sticker embellishment (still more in that pack).

The Fine Print: Swirly heart stamp by Hero Arts, glitter sticker by Pooch & Sweetheart, scallop heart square die by Spellbinders, heart punch by Stampin' Up, all other bit unknown.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Cute. The glittery heart might be old but it looks good.

Greta said...

Super pretty cards, Judy! I really love the Valentine!

kiwimeskreations said...

These cards are great Princess Judy :-), a great way to use up the odds and ends, which always gives a good feeling.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

Great cards for the challenge PJ. That challenge sounds hard to me! xxx

Carol L said...

Both are great takes on the challenge! I wrote it down, and then waited and the challenge is over. Sound familiar? LOL I really like that golden heart with those pretty background papers! What a cool look!

KT Fit Kitty said...

So cute! I only make a couple Valentines but I need to get going with them! These are both gorgeous - love the colour combo on the second one!

Donna said...

Fantastic cards! Love using up that stash stuff!! Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "3-2-1-" challenge.