Wednesday, January 20, 2016

O is for Older Than Dirt

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is asking us to celebrate those of certain advanced age..., those who have taken many trips around the sun...., those who are over the hill but not yet under it..., you know, the old farts.*  And it just so happened that I was in need of a birthday card and this mildly snarky and grumpy creation was born.

This is one of those Flap Fold cards that came from Splitcoaststampers. They are fun because they give you extra space to decorate but a little bit frustrating in that you have to find small enough stamps for the circle.

The inside greeting reads "another birthday, another gray hare!"
* Old fart--anyone older than me, of course.

The Fine Print: Gray hare creature and greeting by Taylored Expressions "Party Grumplings," fancy HB greeting, punches and designer paper by Stampin' Up.

14 comments:

cotnob said...

This is a fun card Judy, such a cute image and fabulous design - a lovely colour combination.
Pauline
x

Sandy said...

I don't think I've ever seen this fold, never done it, anyway. You created a fun card.

Carol L said...

Grumpy kitty is at it again, bringing smiles to anyone willing to gaze upon him! Thanks for the card, I appreciate it as I'm definitely one of those old farts you speak of :)

Bonnie said...

What a fun image! Love that fancy fold too!

MaryH said...

This is cute! I chuckled reading your post. I like the phrase 'many trips round the sun'. Yep, I've made quite a lot! Love the colors, papers and different card fold. It's the perfect card for those Snarks who are over, but not under, the hill. Well done. TFS

kiwimeskreations said...

Thanks for the giggle - this card is perfect for an 'old fart' - I wouldn't mind getting it myself.
Blessings
Maxine

Olga Fink said...

such a cute card! made me smile! xoxo Olga

Unknown said...

At this point in time I kinda look like the "old" gal as I'm using a cane! What a hoot! Love your cards!!!

Donna said...

K that is wayyyyyy too funny! Love it!!
I do so love those grumpling stamps!!
Thanks for coming back to the sisterhood to join us for "O is for Old"

Words and Pictures said...

Tee hee - grey hare... tee hee! That made me laugh.
Alison xx

Greta said...

So cute, Judy! I certainly fit the definition & proud of it--haha!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think I fit into this age category too!! But the good thing about being over the hill is that you pick up speed on the other side!!!
Born to be wild...... :-D
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

Lindsey said...

I love how you mixed together pretty papers and sentiment with this grouchy grumpling and inside snark! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Love the cute with the snark.. well done. Thanks for joining in our Old challenge at SoSS.