Sunday, January 17, 2016

Use Your Stuff--Brads

I just ran across another one of those challenges geared towards inspiring you to utilize what you have on hand. It's called Use Your Stuff and their current challenge #206 is to use brads. I have lots of brads. I have brads in lots of different colors, matte colors, shiny colors, with different colored jewels on top, padded brads, rounded brads, flat brads, big brads and teeny tiny ones. I even have a few in random fun shapes.
For this challenge I used one of my favorite large brads. They were a gift from Leslie, The Crooked Stamper, who had no idea why such big brads existed.  Why to make people like me happy, of course!  Since I just discovered this challenge it is due to close in a few hours, but why don't you slap a few brads on something and play along?

The Fine Print: Friend die by Walter & Winnie, flower punch by EK Success, twine by A Muse Studio, and designer paper from Echo Park. This card is for a local card exchange where the theme is "words, words, words." I think I got a few words in there.

13 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card hunny, and if I ever run out of brads I shall know who to burgle xx

Sarn said...

LOVE everything about this card PJ. Fab brad use in honour of your friend. LOVELY sentiment die by the way!!!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Georgiana said...

I sure do like challenges that want you to use your stash. I have some stuff that I definitely need to use!

Janeen said...

it's so fun to use up those old things that new stampers think are new things. ha ha. Love that you gave us this site to tap into. we can all use some inspirational reason to go delving into our stash. I recently used some eyelets again. yep! EYELETS!

thecraftycavalier said...

This is fab and now we know what to do with those huge brads!! Love that paper and your design is beautiful. I could do with playing along with a challenge about using stash - I made a rash decision to challenge myself to use every stamp I owned this year! Have a great week. Jayne x

Amanda said...

What a great card! I LOVE that huge brad! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your STuff!

Carol L said...

I have some of those big brads and I love using them on big flowers! I love how this one works so perfectly with the big sentiment! Nice card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that big brad!!! Fabulous card. I love your sense of humour, so have become your latest follower, having visited from Mary H's blog.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

I have some of those huge brads, too! Love your sweet card, Judy, & thanks for the tip about this challenge--will check it out!

Lori said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the papers and that large brad is the perfect flower center! Thanks so much for joining us at Use Your Stuff!

Camille Short said...

Love this card - yes, I usually need a challenge to use up something like my brads, too.

Words and Pictures said...

Very cool bradflower - love it!
Alison xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

cute and happy feeling card!