Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Perfect in Plaid

This week's Merry Monday challenges us to use plaid and Shopping Our Stash asks us to use something new. I guess I can kill two birds with one stone.  You know, if I were the bird murdering type.
I had plenty o' plaid in my stash to choose from and got to play with my brand spanking new stamp set called Holiday Grumplings. I bought it with my Christmas money, because shouldn't you buy Christmas stamps with your Christmas money?! I just love that grumpy look paired with the Joy punch.
Here is the inside of my card with a strip of plaid in there too. So much for jingling all the way....
 
The Fine Print: All stamps by Taylored Expressions, "Holiday Grumplings" and some other holiday critter set for normal people, JOY punch by Martha Stewart, designer paper from DCWV, and ribbon from my stash. I'm hoping I'll find time to play with my other new goodies this week, also purchased with Christmas money but not Christmas-y. A girl can dream! 

15 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

I love the grumpy look too!! And it looks great with plaid!!

Janeen said...

HA!! that's how I feel about most holidays. i like labor day and memorial day cuz that says PICNIC!! Cute card for sure.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Judy! Happy New Year to you! I love your cute card! The grumpy critter is so funny! I also love your plaid! Plaid is big right now - the latest trend! I was searching through my paper stash just today looking for plaid so I can be hip and trendy too! But I didn't find much - I'm still looking! There's got to be more plaid in my hoard of patterned paper!

Bonnie said...

This grumpy cat with the joy is a fun combination, PJ! I'm still laughing over that! Great plaid paper too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Carol L said...

This might be one of the best Christmas cards I've ever laid eyes on! I LOVE it all, including the plaid! The "Joy" works perfectly with that hilarious image too! LOL You spent your Christmas money well :)

Michelle said...

Awwww this is adorable! I love the plaid :)

Margaret said...

Ha! Love it!!

Greta said...

Oh how funny is this! Beautiful plaid paper, too!

Sarn said...

Brilliant festive make. I like the grumpling and the ironic sentiments.

I was alerted to a trio of VERY grumpy looking penguins the other day, and they are now at the top of my wish list!

xxx

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I do love those holiday grumplings stamps!
I love his grumpy little face under the Joy die lol
Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Something New" challenge!!

Marcia Hill said...

This is just too, too cute!! The expression on that cats face is just priceless...love it!! :0)

Words and Pictures said...

If one is going to murder birds I do feel one should at least do it as efficiently as possible, so I applaud your plaid Grumpling! And the sentiment inside made me laugh out loud!
Alison xx

lauren bergold said...

SUUUUUUPER-fab card... inna "bird-murdering" sorta way, lol! (sorry, but i totally snortled when i read that & would've spat out coffee, had i been drinking any, which luckily i wasn't!) :) :) :) LOVE that fun grumpling, and YES, of course xma money should go towards xmassy fun art supplies! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (new!) STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

Susan Joyce said...

Love your fun image and the plaid DSP is great for the challenge this week, thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

Jessi Fogan said...

Bird murdering! Snort! I love these Grumplings, they so often express my curmudgeonly self ;)