Thursday, January 21, 2016

Use Your Stuff--Patterned Papers

Challenge number #207 from the Use Your Stuff gals is to use 3 or more patterned papers on your creation this week.  Well, true confession time: My name is Princess Judy and I'm a paper addict. In the early days of my blog I often referenced "my 8-foot stack of paper" which is shown below in two 4-foot stacks.
And that my friends was but only a portion of my paper stash. I've since paired it down but I could probably still open my own paper store.  Anyway, all that to say this challenge really spoke to my inner hoarder.  However, just to make it hard on myself I wanted to make a Valentine's card and only wanted to use the stuff that was already in little pieces and not cut into a pristine sheet of 12x12. That really limited me because most of those bits and pieces didn't go well together.
Then I found this cool card base that came pre-printed with two different patterns on it and matched this strip of pink polka dots I have. I used a found bow and cardstock scraps to make this card. I'm really pleased with how it came out. Since I used snippets I'm also joining Pixie's Snippet Playground along with the Use Your Stuff challenge.

The Fine Print: Girl stamp by Stampin' Up, patterned card base by CTMH, pink polka dots by DCWV, scraps and bow from my stash.

13 comments:

Carol L said...

I must admit - you've got it bad - even worse than me! LOL I have 3 tubs of dsp and one shelf of scrapbook paper, so you've got me beat hands down! But oh wait! There are 3 shoeboxes of paper pads I almost forgot about! I guess your addiction isn't really worse than mine afterall! LOL I love the cute little card you made with all the shades of pink! Adorable!

Mrs A. said...

You have made my day Judy. Amongst all the things I have got wrong with me being addicted to paper is not one of them!! Phew. I can stuff all mine into just 2 12" square cubes. Now I do believe that I have that stamp . Unused too. Feel bad again now.
Love your card which has come together despite your fews up and tell the truth moment of madness. Hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Judy, a sweet image and everything co-ordinates beautifully.
Pauline
x

Words and Pictures said...

Cute as pie, the card - love the mix and match papers, and very well done not even to break in to a new sheet (true sign of a hoarder!). I've a shameful sized pile of papers too - especially I don't even use patterned paper that often (another resolution in there...), but I don't think you should even think of opening your own paper store. What's the point of all that hard hoarding work if you're just going to get rid of the stuff?!
Alison xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card - an you are so obviously scrap happy with this one Judy.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Darling card, Judy! So, do you want to go in business together & open our own paper store?! Then we'd have more money to buy more paper to hoard!

Karen Dunbrook said...

this is so adorable...love the colour palette you used!

Di said...

Really lovely card Judy - and gosh, you sure do have a huge store of papers there! She says, swiveling round and eyeing up the boxes behind her here :) Stroke of luck finding such a perfect match too - why is it that no matter how much paper we have, there are almost always matching issues? :(

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Yay . . . let your inner hoarder out and this is what you get . . . a sweet little girly card. Top marks!

Oh, and thanks for making me feel SOOOOOO much better as I have hardly ANY paper compared to you . . . and only foot and a half of cardstock. I feel cured! LOL!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell said...

If you and I went in together we could open up a paper MALL, PJ! I am SO proud of you for using your pp, even if it was snippets to make this adorable matchy card! I finally cut all my containers of 12x12 into 6x12 to put vertically in drawers, separated into genre, like "leaves" and "stripes" and the like. It's nice now to be able to flip through them because I sure as heck wasn't touching them when I had to wrestle through a dozen reams to find what I wanted. Turns out I'm way too lazy to do that! And even with my new system, I grab white nine times out of ten. Slap! Your use of pp inspires me!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Barb said...

A lovely card with pretty papers and I love the sweet image. Barbxx

Tammy L said...

Great card! Love the image! Thanks for joining our challenge at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Susanne Vargas said...

What a sweet card! Yay - you used some of your patterned paper! And even snippets - double yay! (Love using snippets). And everything goes so well together! Fabulous! So glad you played over at Use Your Stuff!