Saturday, January 9, 2016

In the Pink

Over the Christmas holiday I pulled out all my pink and girly stash in anticipation of Valentine's Day. Like pretty much everything else I own I discovered I had a ridiculous amount of it (5 cats, anyone?!), so I was tickled to discovered a challenge blog called In the Pink.  That ought to motivate me to use up some of this stuff especially since their current challenge is Anything Goes. Heck, I can make an 'anything'!
Before I fell into everything pink I found out that the Shopping Our Stash blog is doing a monochromatic color challenge and you can use pink as a tribute to their fallen member, The Crooked Stamper. That was such a scream, that of course I had to play along (who are we kidding, I need to pay attention to SOS more often).
So I made two cards using lots of pink and lots of odds and ends from my stash. It feels good to be using up some of this stuff and playing with pink.  I hope you enjoyed my cards!

The Fine Print: Bear stamp "Tokens of Love" by Penny Black, XOXO by DeNami Designs, heart embossing folder by Sizzix, heart card toppers by K&Co. (I think, I've had them for a loooong time), glittery pink card base by DCWV, and papers from my stash.

14 comments:

thecraftycavalier said...

I like this little bear stamp - he looks super cute with those balloons. I like a bit of pink now and again - it cheers the soul :-) You have the best stash; everything knits together perfectly. I like how you're ready for Valentine's; I really should should take a leaf out of your book and get organised. X

Carol L said...

Ohhh, how cute are these pink bears!! I love the lower embossed borders and the hearts, but the pink color is just too cute! Leslie is chuckling now - I can almost hear her :)

Words and Pictures said...

That bear is adorable - and I'll even buy in to the pink for his sake! Glad to hear you are shopping your stash... me too, and it's lovely digging down and finding unexpected surprises. I'm afraid to say I'm also shopping for new stash though - CHA releases are killing me!
Alison xx

Chris Dring said...

These are two adorably sweet pink cards! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Craftychris said...

Two really cute pink cards! That little bear is adorable! xxx

Bonnie said...

Awesome!!! You've put all these bits and pieces together beautifully!

Donna said...

Fab cards! Thanks for breaking out your pink to play along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH to honour Leslie with our "Colour Me Monochromatic" challenge!!

Fikreta said...

cute cards!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Sandy said...

sweet cards

Sue said...

this is a lovely card, really pretty colours and design. Thank you for joining us this time at In The Pink.
Sue...xxx

Camille Short said...

Love all the pink - perfect for Valentine's Day!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute image, gorgeous cards, love all the (gah) pink. thanks for joining us at Shopping Our stash for the Colour Me Monochromatic challenge,

Greta said...

Pink is my favorite color & I love both of these cards--just darling!

Chana Malkah said...

These are both wonderful and perfect for our challenge! Thanks for accepting the challenge this week here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT