Monday, January 18, 2016

Destination: Inspiration Lane

I've been keeping my eye out for challenges that inspire me to use my stuff and do something different or at least something I haven't thought about in a long time.  So when I came across a blog called Inspiration Destination I knew I had to check it out.

Their weekly challenges are always Anything Goes and while that paints a pretty broad stroke and didn't really channel me in any one direction or the other, the sheer number of participants from all over doing whatever they wanted was very inspiring.
I decided to jump out of the card making box and make a tag for Valentine's Day. I'm rather proud of this as I don't usually do anything remotely artsy and I think this came out rather well. I enjoyed finding different bits of this and that to add to my tag including all those scrumptious fibers (remember when they were all the rage?).  There is another punched heart tied into the fibers like a secondary tag.

The Fine Print: Cat stamp by Taylored Expressions "Tag-a-Long Valentine," greeting by A Muse Artstamps, both heart die by Simon Says Stamp, arrow die by Taylored Expressions, border punch by Fiskars, doily, and Love You washi by A Muse Studio, fibers from my fiber stash (which is embarrassingly extensive).


13 comments:

Sandy said...

Nice job on the tag. Fibers, yes, actually I love them. I have a good selection because I did some fiber swaps back in the day, but I hardly every think to use them.

MaryH said...

Since I'm not a 'tag person' I'm very impressed at how pretty your tag turned out. Love that you've used bits & pieces from your NBUS & stash cause it surely turned out very artsy & very nicely too! A perfect Valentine look and bet this would get you in to the Snippet Playground too! (I'm a fine one to talk, because I've been MIA over there). Liked the way you sneaked in that cute kitty too. Well done - new, old follower!!! Have a great week, TFS & Hugs

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful tag - your colours are a delight and I love those fibres!
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

Tags are fun to make, and so are yours! I love that SSS heart die but the kitty is adorable too!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is, how do the young ones say, adorbs! Such a cute little kitty and I LOVE the fancy heart die-cut! Nice job on the tag - I don't make many tags, just a few for special gifts at Christmas.

Sarn said...

Oooh get you going all artsy on me! Lovely looking tag
xx

Words and Pictures said...

Yay, a tag! And a fabulously artsy one! Love those fibres... I picked some up recently, and have been hoarding them - must play soon. I love your filigree heart and cute little arrows.
Alison xx

Billie A said...

Really cute card. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination

Darnell said...

You know I'm walking down Use It Up Lane with you hand-in-hand, PJ! Well done putting bits and bobs together so cohesively on this awesome love tag!! Hugs, Darnell

Janeen said...

What a great tag. I love your extra little heart tied on. Yes very artsy.

Janeen said...

What a great tag. I love your extra little heart tied on. Yes very artsy.

Greta said...

Very sweet, Judy! I was just looking at my bag of fibers!

Bonnie said...

Love those fibers! Awesome tag, PJ!