Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Out of this World

Sometimes I just outright lie to y'all.  Okay, it isn't intentional.... it just happens.  Recently I said I don't like find directions and then try random things and then promptly showed you my round step card where I did just that.

Strangely enough when I was looking for the link to it to share with someone else I ran across another card that caught my eye and yes, I had to try it.
Here is my first (and so far only) try at making a flap fold card. The card on Splitcoast is made with all Stampin' Up supplies that I don't have so I had to make do with what I do have but it worked out. The folded over flap goes around the circular part and tucks in behind the greeting which is raised up on foam tape.
Here is the card with the top flap flipped up.  The piece that is decorated with star paper and has the alien glued to it flips down to reveal the inside of the card where you can write your note. I didn't photograph that because I had already written a note in it.

The Fine Print: Alien by Paper Smooches, Greetings from Roswell from an old foam set (Stampendous maybe?), star border by Martha Stewart, circle punch by Stampin' Up, scallop circle by Spellbinders, and star paper by unknown.  And yes, that is shimmery yellow paper (retired A Muse) making me an extra liar since I said don't like shimmery, shiny or metallic paper.  I'm a woman, contradiction is the name of the game.

6 comments:

Fikreta said...

cute card

thecraftycavalier said...

OOh, that's clever! Love the style and I really like the star border. Jayne x

Sandy said...

Great card -- I will have to try this fold. I do like that punched star border...

Leslie Hanna said...

Liar, liar, pants on fire! We all make boo-boos. It was a momentary lapse in memory, not a lie. And the older you get, the easier it is to use that as a cop-out. Ask me how I know.

I don't do flaps. Too much brain power required. But yours looks lovely, especially with the shiny yellow paper. :)

Bonnie said...

What a fun card! Another fun fold!

Georgiana said...

What a cute little alien!