Monday, August 3, 2015

Happy Hedgie

A couple of my pals retired recently (aren't they the lucky ones?) so of course I had to make them some relaxing happy retirement cards. It didn't take me long to decide to use my fishing hedgehog stamp to show a laid-back scene.
I've had this patterned paper scored and folded into a large square with a flap for quite some time. I no longer remembered what project I had intended it for, so I cut it up to make backgrounds for my two identical cards.  That strip of pattern is just the reverse side of the same paper. I was quite pleased with myself for using up that bit of left-overs and amazingly here it is a week later and I still don't remember what the original project was.*

I've decided to link with Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge because I'm so tickled with myself for using up that piece that has been lying around for so long.  It isn't like I'm hurting for patterned paper and have to deconstruct other projects for it. Oh, no!  See, these four bottom drawers are filled to the brim with patterned papers.
The Fine Print: *I was totally convinced that once I chopped up that paper I would remember the original project so I'm extra pleased that I still don't remember.  Stamp by Great Impressions and designer paper by Stampin' Up. And no, those 4 drawers aren't the only patterned papers I have!  I'm so excessive.

7 comments:

Janeen said...

whoever dies with the most patterned paper wins!! okay, so i thought I had a lot of that stuff....WRONG! I love this super cute retired hedgie card.

Mrs A. said...

What's in the top two drawers then!
I need to go out and buy paper .shed loads of it. Hugs Mrs A.

Sandy said...

So much paper, so little time...
Cute hedgehog, and I'm a big fan of reversible paper -- it's so much easier to keep track of what's supposed to go with what.

stampingbowd said...

So cute!!! Awesome paper too! This will certainly encourage relaxation and lowered blood pressure!

Carol L said...

Way to use up that designer paper for cute cards! This hedgie is relaxing big-time and he looks mighty comfy sitting on that bank fishing the day away! Lucky him!

Leslie Hanna said...

Yay for using up patterned paper! And a fishing hedgehog? The cuteness!

I have four shoe-box sized boxes that hold ALL of my 6x6 paper pads. I may also have a small stack of 8x8 paper packs (darn that Graphic 45 for making them 8x8), and one 12x12 box with ALL of my 12x12 paper. One of these days I'll do a revel on my blog, once I widen the paths.

Dianchik said...

What an awesome creation! Love the picture and the design. Thank you for playing along with us this month at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!
Diana DT