Monday, January 2, 2017

Wild Mouse

Once upon a time, Squirrel posted THIS card and of course I fell in love with that cute furry wild mouse and had to have him. However, since I've been practicing restraint I didn't rush out and buy him. I did put him on my Amazon wish list though.
Guess what?! Santie Claus shops at Amazon because now this fabulous mouse is mine! I'm afraid I can't color him as professionally as Squirrel but I think I did him proud.

The card base sort of looks like that embossed dotted paper that Bazzill used to make (and maybe still do for all I know), but it isn't. The dots you see on it are printed a lighter black. I thought the different patterns all went together well. I want to do a bit more mixed and matching. We'll see how that goes!

The Fine Print: Mouse stamp by Wild Rose Studio, card base by Lasting Impressions, designer papers by My Mind's Eye "Indie Chic," and alphabet stickers by Basic Grey.

11 comments:

Carole J said...

He's such a cute little mouse! Great card - your colouring is brilliant and your papers are lovely. x

Sarn said...

Loving your mixing and matching PJ. That mouse stamp is SOOO cute and I think you did a great job on the colouring too. I love that the image is cut outside its frame. NEAT!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Didn't Santa do well taking a sneaky peak at your wish list! you must have been a good girl Judy.

He's a really super cute little mouse. I love your card and you're colouring is lovely. Barbxx

Carol L said...

I can see why you had this adorable mouse on your wish list - he's beyond adorable with that sweet expression on his face! Love that pretty paper and how perfectly it coordinates with the flower! Great card!

MaryH said...

You must have been VERY good during 2016 to have Santie shopping for you at Amazon. Your coloring is just wonderful, great shading and highlights on this cute critter (and this is the ONLY way I like meeces). Love the background paper with the colors in the mouse and I'm glad to know Santa checked his list against Amazon's wish list. Good to know that! Happy New Year, and yes, the trip home was rainy, but due to a Sunday Holiday, traffic not bad. Thankful to arrive safely once more. Happy New Year, & TFS

Janeen said...

what an oh so cute little mousie. you did him proud indeed. great layout.

kiwimeskreations said...

Princess J you have done yourself proud with this mouse and the card as a whole - I think it is super cute!!
Blessings
Maxine

Fikreta said...

adorable card!

hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Judy, an adorable image.
Pauline
x

Greta said...

Santa Claus did good--adorable card & your coloring is great!

Bonnie said...

He is a cutie! Santa is pretty smart with his list!