Thursday, January 5, 2017

Smiles and Giggles

My friend sent me this funny email today:

A SENIOR’S PERSPECTIVE OF FACEBOOK - By Mike Harnett
 
For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.
 
Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom.
 
I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, reading the paper, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.
 
I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.
 
And it works just like Facebook.
 
I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator, and a psychiatrist.


Her story definitely made me smile, because Facebook does not transfer to real life at all. Unfortunately photographs don't capture that good either as this card is a lot cuter in person with its bright and happy colors.

I hope you are smiling today. Beware of those random followers!

The Fine Print: Cat stamp and heart border by Taylored Expressions, scalloped border die by A Muse Studio, circle die by Spellbinders, and scalloped circle punch by Stampin' Up. 

13 comments:

Craftychris said...

Your card is so cute and your friend's email is so funny! So very true too! xxx

LesleyG said...

Definitely smiling ,now, what a funny tale. Cute kitty card, loving the frills of paper and all the hearts xxx

Carol L said...

Now THAT is a funny story, and I totally get it too! LOL It's the same thing with 2 different perspectives and the two will never relate to one another Hah! I hate being followed and having everyone know my business, so I guess I'm better at facing faces than a book?!
anyhooooooo, that's a really cute card with all those scalloped borders and the cute heart border! Who wouldn't love that sweet kitty too?

Barb said...

You've had me rocking with laughter. Just how I feel about FB and anyway I get lost trying to find my way around on there!

I love your pretty kitty card and the scalloped borders look lovely. Barbxx

Sarn said...

I like yr funny story AND your cute kitty card xxx

Fikreta said...

hahahahaha this is so funny story!
but your card is super cute!
Love it!

hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Janeen said...

ha, the story is hilarious. Love the scallops. I always love that look and rarely remember to incorporate it. Watch for it....sometime in the next decade. :)

Greta said...

I'm a senior, for sure--this made me laugh out loud & it's a lot of why I don't use Facebook! The card is beautiful--love the colors & the scallops!

kiwimeskreations said...

Still smiling Princess J - that's a beaut!! Love your cheerful card - the wee cat holding the heart and the row hearts below are so cute.
Blessings
Maxine

ionabunny said...

I must admit, I do sometimes wonder why some people want to follow me but I suppose when you put it out there you have to accept that you have no control over who will like what you do an who will not. See, I like what you do and now you got me following you around. Hugz

ionabunny said...

Oh yeah, cute cat. Hugz

Bonnie said...

A good point and the reason I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook. If they spent half as much time communicating with people face to face the world would probably be a better place. Adorable card! Much better than Facebook!

Carole J said...

Gorgeous card, Judy - love those scallops! Funny tale, too - made me smile! xx