Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Up on the Rooftop..

This week Merry Monday wants us to make a card with a reindeer on it. Well, that was really easy peasy, because my Nordic card from last week had a reindeer on it and I never got around to sharing it. Here it is:
I felt that might be taking the easy way out and since the goal is to make one card a week and have a bunch come holiday time, I made a second reindeer card. I was too lazy to drag anything new out so it bears a resemblance to the first card, minus the Nordic paper, which I had already put away.
This one is actually notecard size since I had this spotted notecard lying around. The paper used for the snow is shimmery. I would say that I'm not feeling the love and excitement for making Christmas cards this year like I did last year but the reality is I'm not feeling the love or excitement for making any cards right now. I might be having a funk!
The Fine Print: Stamps and dies by Stampin' Up, except the landscape dies by A Muse Studio, Nordic holiday paper by Basic Gray, twine from my stash. 

16 comments:

Sandy said...

The wreath around the reindeer is a fun element.
Hmmm.... spoiler alert -- I am about to post that I'm not feeling the excitement either. Hope this passes.

Carole J said...

You might not be feeling the love Judy, but it doesn't show! Both cards are lovely! I love the nordic paper. x

Barb said...

They're two super cards Judy. Your Nordic paper looks lovely and I love the reindeer strutting his stuff with the Christmas wreath round his neck. Barbxx

Fikreta said...

very nice cards!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two darling cards - especially love the reindeer wearing the wreath!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I like both cards, good for you for getting them made!

Carol L said...

You are two cards ahead of me for Christmas 2017! I burned myself out with Valentines and just lazing in a lull for the time being, That's a really cute reindeer, especially with the wreath hanging around his neck.

Susan Joyce said...

Great start to your Christmas card stash Judy, I love both cards. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

kiwimeskreations said...

A pair of delightful cards Princess J. Hmm, hope you don't get into a (cardmaking) funk for too long, I enjoy your work, and don't take it out on the cats either ;-)
Blessings
Maxine

thecraftycavalier said...

You might not be feeling the love but it sure doesn't show - your crafty mojo looks to be in tip top condition to me! Love these reindeer cards - love the paper on the first one especially. Hugs, Jayne x

Bonnie said...

It doesn't look like you're having a card funk, PJ! I love both of these cards! Maybe I should have bought that bundle....

Darnell said...

Ah, man, I'm sorry to hear you are in a card funk both 'just because' and also just when I've come up with a surprise NBUS challenge! Maybe it will only be a momentary funk and you'll get your spark lit again soon. In the meantime, I love that you happened to have the reindeer cards ready for when MM called! Gotta love that! Hugs, Darnell

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such fun cards! Loving them both - sorry you are in a funk. I hate when I feel that way! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

stampingbowd said...

Cuteness!!! I need to get busy and start on my Christmas cards! Never enough time! I love the torn snow and wreath around the deer on your second one! Love the pretty homespun feel of the first one with the stitched snow and quilt-like bg paper!!!

Colleen said...

Judy, both cards are fabulous!! and I am so glad you played and made one more...I love both, I love your background papers and the reindeer is especially majestic with a head held high and a wreath around his neck! Thank you for playing with us at Merry Monday...I hope to see you in the next challenge too, cause you will be so happy you made these cards all year long and not have to scramble at the last minute!!

Greta said...

I didn't even get a reindeer card made, but you made up for it by having done 2! These are both great, Judy--love the deer & the 2 different looks!