Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hark! Merry Monday

It's time to get back into the Merry Monday saddle and start all over again making Christmas cards for the holiday season. I owe my laid back pre-holiday season to Marry Monday so you bet that I'm signing on again this year.

This week we are asked to used angels on our Christmas cards. I had to groan when I saw the topic. Angels are just one of those things that I'd rather not use. I do actually have an angel stamp though. In fact, I have two. They are brushstroke angels that I hold onto because I think that I might need an angel stamp at some point in my life (like now!).

I also picked up a third angel stamp from my friend who gave away her crafting collection. It's cute but I'm not sure it really works for Christmas or not. You can let me know. I do like it paired with all the icy blues.

In case, that one doesn't do it I did break out with one of my old standbys. I even painted it with some shimmery metallic painty stuff and made a layered poinsettia to go with it. I also stamped my hallmark on the back of both these cards and finished off the insides with greetings and a bit of fanciness.
So there you have it, my first two Christmas cards for this year. I won an honorable mention for the bottle tag I made for the spirits challenge. I still have the bottle of bubbly it was attached to. Somehow we forgot about it on both Christmas day and New Year's eve.
The Fine Print: Angel stamps Stampin' Up and DeNami, papers by Joanns and DCWV, circle dies by Spellbinders, poinsettia die by A Muse Studio, ribbon and wooden snowflake from my stash.

15 comments:

Barb said...

Both angel cards are lovely Judy and I think both papers are really pretty. I think the little angel in the cloud is really sweet and I love that brush stroke angel with those lovely angelly wings.

Congratulations on the honourable mention for your bottle tag. Barbxx

Fikreta said...

beautifl cards
hope you have great day!

hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Carol L said...

I think that little angel works well for a Christmas card - she's really cute on her cloud pillow! Love the 2nd card with the country look of wonderful paper and ribbon! Save the bubbly for Valentine's day whydoncha?

Carole J said...

Both angels are lovely, Judy, and I love the snowflake papers you used. Only the 3rd of Jan and you've 2 Christmas Cards ready...go girl! xx

LesleyG said...

Congratulations, and well done on finishing those lovely cards. I made the big mistake of not doing inserts and stuff last year , so this time I'm going to, and I might even start writing some! Angel in cloud would also look good looking down on something, like baby Jesus or a penguin maybe. I think maybe I need some sleep xxx

Diane said...

What fun background paper and angel designs Judy.

Hugs diane

Susan Joyce said...

Glad you decided to join my challenge Judy, both Angel cards are lovely. Great start to this years Christmas, thanks for joining us at Merry Monday again this year.

Kristi said...

Those cards are lovely! And I love the blue and the snowflakes on the top card especially.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Princess J - and well done on your honourable mention!!
Blessings
Maxine

Janeen said...

I hear yaeger on the angels. I don't think I have an angel Stamp either. Well,I still have the cute cow angel. I love your second card. You did all the techniques on one card. How fun. I really liked having half of my holiday cards finished ahead of time and yes this year I want to keep up with the insides too.

Janeen said...

I hear ya on the angels. I don't think I have an angel Stamp either. Well,I still have the cute cow angel. I love your second card. You did all the techniques on one card. How fun. I really liked having half of my holiday cards finished ahead of time and yes this year I want to keep up with the insides too.

cotnob said...

Two lovely Christmas cards Judy, pretty angels.
Pauline
x

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful angel cards Judy....
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
xx Karen

Greta said...

I love angels, but not sure I'll get a card made in time for the challenge. Glad to see you used the DeNami angel we both have, so at least she's represented--haha! Love the wooden snowflake embellishment on the first card, too!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your honorable mention with your bottle tag, PJ! Our bottle of bubbly is still chilling too. Love your angels! I only have one angel and I can't think of anything new and different to do with it so my Christmas cards this week all have snowflakes.