Sunday, March 1, 2015

Etch My Sketch

I shared the Etch a Sketch card I made at a Stampin' Up workshop previously. It is too good of a card to not make again.  I went for a busier background since the large focal point would cover most of it up and not leave it to boggle your eyes. I used a different frame die than we did at the workshop but I think it still came out just fine.
It is such a fun card that it deserves to be duplicated over and over. The trick is to find a stamp that has a nice thick outline and looks like it could have been made with an Etch a Sketch.
I think my disgusted cat fits the bill just fine.  He has different separate hats so I just fussy cut out the birthday one for this card instead of trying to figure out how to mask it into the right place.

BTW, trying to photograph these cards with their acetate piece is really hard!  I have no idea what the reflected bright green thing is.  There must have been an alien in the living room.

The Fine Print: From the Herd stamp by Stampin' Up, Disgusted Cat and Hat stamp by Stamps 'n More, and rectangle frame by Sizzix.

8 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMG this is so cute, I love this etch a sketch idea, gonna have to kopykat it!

Carol L said...

Ohhhhhhh, these etch-a-sketch cards are TOO cute! I must pin them for a future CASE!! I love the ghost you captured on your last card too - spooky :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, I love it even better with the cat stamp! Cool card!

AJ Bodine said...

Ha! Well this is just about the coolest card idea ever! Going to case this one for sure!

Squirrel x said...

Totally awesome and brilliant! I have Etch envy. Hugs xx

Leslie Hanna said...

Another great Etch A Sketch card! I'm still looking for just the right image to use behind mine. :)

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! I LOve these PJ.
Great idea never seen this before.
Chrissyxx

Bonnie said...

Etch a Sketch cards are totally new to me! Not Etch a Sketch. That I'm familiar with and I think it's amazing that you can make this look so realistic! Wow! Hope the alien has left your home!