Friday, March 13, 2015

Butterfly Birthday

I made this card for an upcoming birthday. I have seen so many fabulous cards made with this stamp set that I knew it was a fail-proof set to use when making a card during a time crunch.  And as I have learned, if you are pressed for time and lacking cards, make two the same:
The Fine Print: Products except for cardstock (stash) and inks (Memento) by Stampin' Up.  Stamps--"Butterfly Basics" with coordinating Butterfly Thinlet dies, and painted petals cotton twine.  Happy Friday the 13th to y'all!

6 comments:

Greta said...

Love this card, Judy--perfectly stamped! Totally forgot it was Friday the 13th--hope yours is great!

Carol L said...

I just love the softly stamped hexes in the background and the ferns are gorgeous! There's nothing like a big sentiment to go hand-in-hand with those pretty images, so this card works! What a great idea to make 2!!

Leslie Hanna said...

Squee! So pretty. And yay for being smart and making two of them!

Bonnie said...

These are beautiful, PJ! Love that blue butterfly! I may CASE this card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a gorgeous card! I mean cards! Great idea to make a second one! I really like these stamps!

P.S. I read your comment on my blog about Bibiana's Throwback Thursday challenge - all you have to do is revive an old card you made. It's a way of looking back and reminiscing about a previous creation. So you're right, not much of a challenge hehe! There are a couple of "challenges" around like this, but I've just been playing in Bibiana's. I think you should pick one of your favourite old cards and play along! Bibiana would love to see you over there!

Words and Pictures said...

Love this card (no big surprise!) - the colours, the kraft, the simple natural stamps - fab!
Alison xx