Friday, March 20, 2015

A Jar of Sunshine

This year A Muse Studio started this thing where they have 'collections of the month.' They are stamp sets, coordinating embellishments and the like that you can only purchase during that month. I like what they have had to offer but from a salesperson standpoint I don't really want to purchase things that I can only use in workshops for one month.

A Muse's outlook on this was that your customers will have to purchase right away instead of sitting back and thinking about it.  Well, in my case, it means my customers won't purchase at all.  Of course it probably didn't help that I wasn't feeling well (that intestinal thing that tried to kill me) for all of January and February and didn't have any workshops.

So when the March Collection came out I hemmed and hawed about did I want to get any of it.  I really liked the mason jar sets. After consideration I decided I could live without it and THIS sunshine card came out on A Muse's blog and so, of course I had to get the sets that created it.
Here is my version of that fun card.  Since I got the jar set lots of inspiration using the set has come out. I can see that I'm going to have a lot of fun playing with this set.  If you decide you need one too, well, grab it up in the next 11 days.

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio.  Stamps used-Mason Jar set (which does have a set of matching dies but I fussy cut these) and Be Brave (also only in the March collection); cardstock used-kraft, sugar and Everything's Rosy 6x6 patterned paper; other products-lemon whip baker's cording (I separated out the white strands).  BTW, a|s said some of the collections might end up in next year's catalog....!

13 comments:

Di said...

Oh PJ, I can see why you absolutely HAD to get those in the end! Wondeful card there :)

Hugs

Di xx

Bad Kitty said...

Wonderful

Mrs A. said...

I like what you have down with this card. Do hope your over all the being ill Sounds very nasty. Hug mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Done not down. Der.

chrissy xx said...

Happiness in a jar!
LOve it PJ
Chrissyxx

Squirrel x said...

So glad you caved in, this is the most sunshine I have seen all day, tis brilliant and happy and I love it. Hugs xx

LesleyG said...

sorry you not been too well, but what a happy jar of sunshine. So spooky, coz my swap for training tomorrow is a jar....full of butterflies.....the eclipse works in mysterious ways.....xxx

thecraftycavalier said...

This is fab! I love the zingy shades of yellow and the splash of pretty patterned paper. We could sure do with a bit of sunshine at the moment. Jayne x

Carol L said...

I love the mason jar too! When I see something I know I will use often, I usually don't have to think about it, I just jump right in and order it if it's within my budget. On the other hand, if someone is pressuring me to buy something, I'll run for the hills! LOL I see lots of pretty cards in your future with this great mason jar!

Greta said...

Your card is too cute! I guess lots of companies think it works to force sales that way, but I hate being pressured, so it would just turn me off!

Sarn said...

Wahoo . . . you survived THE BUG. Good on ya.

SU did the same thing a while back . . . AND the monthly sets were BEST OF's from previous sets! Go figure. Guess they won't be doing that again in a hurry! They also do weekly offers but I bet it doesn't increase sales by much.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very nice! I need some sunshine right now! Glad you're feeling better!

Bonnie said...

Glad you got this, PJ! Everyone needs a jar of sunshine sometimes!