Monday, March 2, 2015

Basically, a Butterfly

Since the Butterfly Thinlet Dies that have been on back order forever finally arrived I decided that I should use them along the stamp set that they correspond with.
If you know your Stampin' Up you'll know that those aren't the new thinlet dies.  Nope, those ones didn't work for my card, but I did use the stamp set in question!  Sometimes what you plan to use isn't what you end up using. I enjoyed putting this delicate looking spring card together.  The photograph makes the pink of the butterfly look a bit garish but in real life it looked real nice.

The Fine Print: Stamps used--Butterfly Basics by Stampin' Up, dies used--Leanna and Chrissy by Simon Says Stamp, designer paper by Basic Gray, and fancy ass ribbon from my stash. 

6 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card,Judy! Love the butterfly!

Carol L said...

This turned out quite lovely, and I really like how you colored the flowers! Butterflies come in all colors, and this one is so pretty!! NJ! (BTW, in answer to your question - the LF Wheelie Like you is a new release, yes! Stamps and dies and cute as a button me thinks :)

Michele said...

Hey girl! This is just FUN! It is such a treat to be at SALSA meeting with you and shame on me for not checking out the blog sooner! There is some pretty nifty stuff here.
Love and light,
Michele

Michele said...

Hey girl! This is just FUN! It is such a treat to be at SALSA meeting with you and shame on me for not checking out the blog sooner! There is some pretty nifty stuff here.
Love and light,
Michele

chrissy xx said...

Don't make me sad! I've just ordered a die from America and I;m hoping it comes sooner rather than later lol..
LOving your papers/butterfliies and this pretty image.
Great colours too.
Chrissyxx

Bonnie said...

I was sitting here thinking, that doesn't look like my SU butterfly die. This butterfly is perfect on this card!