Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Week Late and $300 Short

I finally got around to playing Leslie's Second Sketch Challenge, you know the one that ended this past weekend.  I still plan to share the cards though and the Bobra badge (you have no idea how long it took me to convince Dio and Poppy to share blog space with him).  First the sketch:
Nice and simple, a layer on a card base and a focal point about in the middle with a secondary focal point/embellishment in one corner.  I went for a mirror image of the sketch using a circle for the oval and a speech bubble for secondary point. I added glitter to the flames and glossy accents to his puppy nose.
And then because I liked that so much and because I feel cats deserve equal time I made another card. I like how this cat looks grumpy and confused like he knows you are way lying about your age. I put glossy accents on the balloon. There is lots of glitter on that designer paper.
There you have it!  My two cards for the defunct sketch challenge. I'm glad I finally got a chance to sit down and play. I need to try to squeeze that in more often! Both these were made with leftover bits and parts and it it is nice to knock a little off that stack too!
The Fine Print: Stamps by Penny Black, greeting and greeting die by Stampin' Up, stitched circle die by MFT, scalloped circle die by Spellbinders and designer paper from my stash.  I know I'm really only a couple of days later and not a whole week, but after today's vet visit I am definitely $300 shorter (it was Jack, the old bastard).

7 comments:

Carol L said...

MEOW and WOOF! The cards are fabulous and fun, especially grumpy cat! LOL I love the expression on his face :)

Sue said...

Great fun cards PJ!!! lots of huggles Sue xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

You crack me up! The kitty card is hilarious! Same sentiment but it's so funny when the grumpy cat is saying it! The dog is cute too! Love the blue! Glad you finally got some time to play. Thanks for mentioning the sketch challenge is closed - now I can cross it off my list - I was going to make another one - I waited too long! You're not the only one who misses these challenge deadlines!

You asked a question on my blog the other day about the Fold-out Window Card and if it was fiddly to make - I think I made it more fiddly than it had to be but it wasn't actually that bad. I find anything other than a rectangle or square difficult so needless to say I don't make a lot of fancy folds! I made one of those box cards once and it took me days! Also wanted to mention for some reason I stopped receiving email notification of your comments - yours and a few other people's. I reported it on Blogger. Looks like others are having the same problem. So I have to check my blog every so often to see who actually comments as I don't get the emails - also I can't respond by email. So I wasn't ignoring your question LOL. Well I've blathered on long enough.

LesleyG said...

Love your grumpy cat and pup, bad news about the vet bill though....don't they realise we have crafty stash to buy?! Hugs xxx

Sandy said...

I get that way sometimes -- I'll see a sketch and it will stick in my head way past the challenge deadline.
You did yourself proud with these cat and dog cards. Sweet and sassy.
(Vet bills. Don't get me started. I have a cat named Jack as well, who is turning 16 and starting to really run up the bills.)

Craftychris said...

These are both so funny! I especially like the expression on the grumpy cat - hilarious! The papers on both are fab too! xxx

Leslie Hanna said...

YAY, you played! I have that cat stamp, too. And I also have a front & back version. Love them!