Saturday, March 14, 2015

From the Shoebox

I recently discovered a shoebox full of stamped images in my stash.  By looking at them I can tell that they date back quite awhile ago (as in they've probably existed at 3 different addresses now and we've lived here 12 years).
Since the images are old many of them aren't that appealing to me now.  But really they probably weren't that appealing back then either.  If they had been they probably wouldn't have sat in a box for 15 years.  I thought I'd do my part to use them up now but also gave myself permission to throw some of them away.

This is an old image by Penny Black, and while I love Penny Black this image isn't really me.  I decided that I would accept the challenge and make a card with it. Many people I know use multiple layers and multiple die cuts to great effect.  The layers were no problem, but I couldn't see a way to add more die cuts onto this thing, but at least I got to use one of my fancy corner pieces.

The Fine Print: Stamp by Penny Black, corner die by Memory Box, flowers by Prima, and sorry don't remember who makes the 6x6 designer paper.

9 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is cute! Good for you for using up these old shoebox items! I don't think I can bring myself to do mine.

Krisha said...

I LOVE the simplicity of this card. Some cards I've seen go a little too far and really don't make sense to me. I think this is a great design and you got use up the image form the shoebox!!!

Bad Kitty said...

beautifull card

Sue said...

Such a cute card PJ huggles Sue xx

Carol L said...

I have a box just like that too! LOL Seriously, this is a cute image and I love the corner adornment too! Sweet little card, and way to use up that stash!

Words and Pictures said...

This did make me laugh - images you're not really into have moved house with you three times - oh how familiar that sounds!!

It's a sweet image and sweetly coloured, and you've given it a lovely setting - but yes, I can see it's not really you!!
Alison xx

Leslie Hanna said...

Way to go, forcing yourself to use something you don't really like. Those are the toughest cards to make. this is also why I have no qualms about tossing UFOs I have that I no longer like.

Oh, and you've done a MAHVELOUS job. I think that corner die-cut is all you needed. :)

Greta said...

This was worth making into a card--very sweet image! Love the fancy corner--great card, Judy!

chrissy xx said...

Long may your shoebox have surprises!
A sweetie that should see the light of day..
Chrissyxx