Friday, March 6, 2015

Purple Posies

So recently in my quest to find out just exactly what all the this crap in my craft room was, I discovered a box full of images.  Quite a number of them were already colored.  I plucked a pretty purple spring one out and made this card.
Since I rarely use colored pencils anymore I know this image has been around for a long time.  Because of that I decided to use an old fashioned embellishment with this card--eyelets.  Yep, those are those things that you pound in place with a hammer and a setter.

The Fine Print: Image by Personal Stamp Exchange, colored with Prismacolors and blended with Gamsol, eyelets by Stampin' Up (from back in the day), and papers from my stash.  One image used from the box and only a couple hundred more to go!

11 comments:

LesleyG said...

Perfect Purple Posies Princess Palmer! love the eyelets.....got some somewhere...xxx

Leslie Hanna said...

1. Your coloring is fine, so you can get away with using an old, er, rediscovered already-colored image.
2. Kudos for using an eyelet.
3. Bonus points for the hammer and setter. I take it you couldn't justify the purchase of a Crop-A-Dile.
4. If 3 is true, you don't have enough eyelets.

Sandy said...

I've been waiting see your hearth junk. If it's all like this, you hit the jackpot.
I also have enough eyelets and snaps to last until robots are making cards for us...

Mrs A. said...

I like this card . Hugs Mrs A.

Irish Cherokee said...

I just love the tulyips. Purple ones rock. Eyelets huh? Have to get my 5 pound hammer out and make a few. Just have to find my center punches. Beaut of a card Judy. Love the plaid. - Jim

Carol L said...

Purple rocks, and so does this fantastic card! I love how you colored those flowers!!

Sue said...

Loving the purple PJ!! stunning card huggles Sue xx

chrissy xx said...

Glad to hear you're using all the good stuff in your room PJ.
FABulous Tulips...A Gorgeous design too.
I have a bag somewhere with a hammer and eyelets in it.
Yep! Off to find it now lol.
Chrissyxx

Janeen said...

very pretty and i still use eyelets. i was cleaning my craft room the other day though and realize how MANY i still have. oy!

Sally H said...

A beautiful card, PJ! I love tulips and purple! I too still use eyelets...bought thousands, lol!

Bonnie said...

Pretty, potted, purple posies! Love that checked background!