Thursday, March 12, 2015

Oriental Card, For Realsies

The other day I was going to share an oriental themed card I made but the post got hijacked by a cat card, which was purrfectly okay since I hadn't actually photographed the oriental card.  Well, now I have!
The background piece with the leaves was originally the front of a notecard someone sent me.  I chopped off the front and kept it to use as a layer. The leaves are metallic and reflect the light oddly making it had to photograph.
Here it is again in a different light.  The panda image came from my shoebox of images, which I plan to either use up or trash (some of them are too odd) over the next several months.

The Fine Print: I already told you what I know about the card parts. Have you ever watched the episode of South Park with the Awareness Mascots?  Well, once you've seen Sexual Harassment.... PANDA! you'll never look at pandas the same again.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

The leaf layer was a great save -- it's really interesting. I especially like it when it looks like it is reflecting gold and copper. And the panda is cute (like anyone ever has to say that, since it is a universally accepted truth.)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very pretty! I like pandas - haven't seen that show you spoke of and I don't think I want to LOL! The background panel you salvaged is gorgeous!

Carol L said...

What a great save on the recycled card!! It reflects light beautifully! The addition of the panda is perfect!

Bonnie said...

The upcycled note card makes a perfect background for this sweet panda!

Squirrel x said...

I think I should be grateful that I hate South Park! Loving your panda though, and the leaves are lovely, even if they aren't bamboo! Hugs xx

Leslie Hanna said...

I don't want to know.

Sally H said...

A stunning card! The panda is an inkadinkado stamp I think from many moons ago! I haven't seen that episode of south park...not sure if I should watch it now!