Tuesday, December 8, 2015

What's Your Number?

It's not always about Christmas in this land (and thank gosh for that). Sometimes there are other things to celebrate, like cake. Cake is always worth celebrating.
For those of you keeping track of Dio after his ear surgery. He saw his doctor for a follow up yesterday.  She said he was looking good but to keep shoveling all those medications into him. That infection that was in his ear was staph and that some serious stuff to be treated aggressively.  Dio will go back to visit his lady doctor in early January. Dio likes the ladies but he doesn't understand why they have such an obsession with his ears.
Free kisses
The Fine Print: Cake stamp and punches by Stampin' Up, number embossing folder by Cuttlebug, and fancy designer paper from my stash.

6 comments:

Carol L said...

Those are some fun colors on that birthday card, and I love the simplicity of it all! Poor Dio - it must be something in the air! My DGD ruptured her eardrum with a bad infection :( The rupture relieved the pain, but hopefully she won't have permanent hearing loss by the time it heals.

Georgiana said...

Nice to see a card other than Christmas...great color combination!

Sarn said...

LOVE the look of the birthday card.

Good to hear(!) Dio is doing okay . . . even if there is some way to go yet!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute....
I have a birthday coming up and I do hope to eat some cake...I'd hate to tell you my number though!!! lol

Leslie Hanna said...

*removes sunglasses* What a bright and cheery card!

I hope Dio mends soon so you can stop shoveling meds into him. Is the infection contagious to the other cats? That would be horrible, so I hope not!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh poor Dio - so sorry not to have been around to purr sweet nothings in that poor little ear. I'm sure you've been doing a good job of it! And since I'm so late catching up, I'm hoping he's fighting fit by now.

Love the bright and breezy card - zingy colours and those embossed numbers are very cool. You have me tempted by my first Cuttlebug folder!
Alison xx