Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gettin' Fancy

Remember when I went crazy and tried some technique shown in a magazine? If not, you can refresh your memory here. After I made that rather square card I fussed around with design until I perfected the A2 sized version.
Or so I thought.  Later I discovered that I needed to dock 1/4" off that middle section because as it stands now it is 4.5" wide.  Oh, so close!  
Luckily I rarely use A2 envelopes, having received many boxes of A6 for free*, that the off size is a non-issue for me.  Good thing because I made a whole passel more of these--Stay tuned!

The Fine Print: Stamps by Taylored Expressions, circle dies by Spellbinders, corner dies by Cheery Lynn, snowflakes from Recollections and paper from my stash. *They throw out the leftover graduation announcements and A6 envelopes every year so every year I dumpster dive. 

7 comments:

Stacy Sheldon said...

That is really a cute design and YAY for having different size envelopes. ( I think I have cases of all sizes):)
nope, not a hoarder here... just live in the boonies.

Leslie Hanna said...

So cute! And yay for dumpster diving! I'm happy they let you take them. I once worked for a company that didn't allow us to take anything home, even to keep it out of the trash.

Fikreta said...

great card
>^.^<

Janeen said...

to use my daughters venacular--Totes Adorbs...which I interpret to mean totally adorable. you do like that measuring stuff and also the folding of papers, don't you. Have at it, my friend. They turn out wonderfully well for you. me, not so much!

Carol L said...

Way to save those envies for future use! This card is so cute with the cold/warm theme! I love the colors and especially that great fold! Unique and fun!

Words and Pictures said...

How useful to have a supply of envelopes (but how wasteful of them!). Love your delightful polar bear - now have a craving for a nice hot cup of hot chocolate.
Alison xx

Bonnie said...

I'm going backwards. I'm still loving this fold and the image is adorable!