Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pretty as a Peacock

I enjoyed playing with my new Peacock set yesterday so much so that I had a go with it again today.  I wanted another bright and cheery card.  I enjoy putting all the pieces of bling all over his tailfeathers.  I wanted a nice peacock colored ribbon for this card but didn't have what I was looking for.  Since I was headed out to the craft store anyway I looked there and found this stuff.  The scan completely dulled it out but trust me, it is a brilliant and sparkly blue and looks great with all the bling.

I know these fancy peacocks are dude peacocks because lady peacocks aren't that flashy, but to me this peacock looks a little girly.  It could just be that this dude peacock is comfortable with his feminine side and can wear pink.
I used my Spica glitter pen and crystal dimensional stuff instead of bling for this card.  I used used a piece of black patterned paper from the supercool black and white paper pad I picked up at the craft store.  I also got a pad of paper called Pretty as a Peacock.  You can bet I'll be digging into that soon.  Oh yeah, if you're part of that "Use It Up" crowd, just shush!  I promised to use up adhesives and stickers.  I just can't sign on for a paper moratorium. 

The Fine Print: Peacock stamps by Hero Arts "Beautiful Peacocks" set, green DP by unknown (it's shiny with the leaves embossed!), black DP by Recollections, circle, scallop circle, and scallop square by Spellbinders, pink and blue ribbon by Michaels, Glossy Accents by Ranger.

2 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Who said real men can't wear pink? Both are fabulous cards hun, and I love the pink twist. Hugs Sxx

Gisèle said...

Lovely cards Judy! Thanks for all your wonderful comments on I SPI. I'm having great fun with the marathon. I'll be breaking for a few days, filling a couple of orders, but the marathon will continue...