Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Orchid Greetings

I confess that I was a diehard wood mount stamp person and didn't see the attraction of unmounted rubber in any form, including the clear and cling stamps.   All this didn't stop me from buying some here and there to try them out.  Slowly I started to see the attraction.  I like the convenience of how you could have several stamps all in a small space.  I also like how many stamp sets had stamps that worked well together.  If you were headed out somewhere to play this helped to lessen the amount of stuff you had to carry (or gave you room to carry more of something else, depending on your outlook).

So as I gathreed up some papers and inks to play with during my latest trip to the Land of Enchantment, I pondered what stamps to bring.  I really wanted to work with florals, but only had a couple UM sets.  I stopped by Michaels to see if they had something that I could bring along.  Michaels had a limited selection but had one set that I could work with.  Um... not that I really know what orchids look like.

The Fine Print: Stamps by Stampendous "Orchid Greetings" set, papers by DCWV, scallop border punch by Fiskars, black brads by Recollections.

No comments: