Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ain't Life Grand Embossing Challenge


After pondering and dreaming about what card to make for the latest A Muse Studio Challenge I came up with this beauty.  I must admit I have a special love for black and white cards but to me they always need a pop of color to go with them, hence the black and white with a dash of pink card here. 

The challenge this time was to make a card using dry embossing.  Many of the samples shown used the new A Muse Studio texture plates.  I don’t have any of those, nor do I have any knowledge or experience with texture plates (maybe someday).  It is okay to use non-a|s stuff for the challenge, so I opted for my Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I feel that gives your work a simple and elegant look.

You can’t see how wonderful the patterned paper is in this scan, but trust me it is filled with much awesomeness!  It is called black shimmer damask so it has a shimmery sheen to it.  It is very elegant also.  The coolest thing about a|s cardstock is that it is colored on one side and white on the other.  This includes their patterned cardstock.  The damask shimmer paper is a white shimmer on the back, so the bottom piece on this card is just the same piece of cardstock, flipped over. I included two different views of the same card.  I had to use my camera as shimmery paper does not scan well on my scanner.  Personally, I think the cards I share tend to look better as photographs than scans anyway.

 
The Fine Print: Greeting stamp by A Muse Studio “Celebrate in Style” set, black shimmer damask cardstock and bubblegum satin ribbon also by A Muse Studio, Swiss dots embossing folder by Provo Craft, die cut label shape by Spellbinders, pink bling and white linen cardstock base by unknown.

4 comments:

Lori Barnett said...

This IS GRAND for sure! I love black...and pink...so this really caught my attention! Thanks for joining the fun with us this week! (((hugs)))

Carla said...

This is great, Judy-so elegant!! Thanks for playing with the A Muse Studio Challenge blog!

Mynn xx said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE the color scheme and the bling--awesome! :)

Tami Grandi said...

very pretty- love the pop of pink! Thanks for playing in the a muse challenge :)