Tuesday, April 19, 2016

TMI Tuesday

I recently told a male friend of mine that I (TMI) finally got around to cutting my toenails. I've been hobbling around for about a week now with my feet hurting from my overly long, dangerous, wicked, dagger toenails.

He commiserated,  saying he understood because we aren't as young as we used to be and not able to get into those twisted yoga poses required to get the job done. Then he suggested I start getting a "toe manicure" (that's a pedicure, bud) on a regular basis.

I thought that idea had promise because I'm not nimble and who doesn't want pampered feet? Mine currently look like they belong to an 80-year old man (more TMI).  So who's up to getting some toe manicures with me?!
The Fine Print: A cut and tuck card I made with a Spellbinders die. I used to do these back in the day with Lace templates and an Exacto knife (you know back when I was nimble, flexible and had pretty feet). I still have those templates but never use them. Anyone want them?

11 comments:

Barb said...

I'd join you Judy. I'm not very bendy any more either. Your card looks great. What a super die cut that is. Barbxx

Stacy Sheldon said...

eh, nope :) ( I think I have those templates too, back when the ditto thing applied) but, this card looks fantastic. I had no idea they made dies like this. :)
thanks for the laugh Judy.

Fikreta said...

great card

Carol L said...

This card looks amazing, and I'd forgotten about the beautiful results you'd get with those templates! Good luck with the pedicure - I've never had my nails manicured or my toes pedicured. Heck, I don't even have pierced ears! LOL

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Princess J - and no, I don't want those templates, I have enough of my own.... unused ;-).
As for the toe nails, the least said the better, although I can still do mine, but I also have to do the cats claws (he lines up as I do my nails) and somebody else's (who shall remain nameless)... more than enough!
Blessings
Maxine

LesleyG said...

Fabulous lace' card, and nope, can't believe I did all that cutting malarkey, and won't EvER be doing it again. I'm not as bendy, so have the same thoughts, just not used to being pampered, but maybe I should start.....xxx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous colours for this fab card! Life is so much easier with dies! A pedicure sounds cool! xxx

MaryH said...

Pretty card! Love the folds in this star and the color duo of the motif looks so nice with the warm background. I got my 1st pedicure about 2 yrs ago. It's a lovely pampered feeling. Then my hairdresser told me she got a fungus from getting pedicures, and now I'm debating if I want to chance that. I inquired about their sanitary precautions, and forged ahead. While I didn't get a fungus - I did get a bruised nail bed, so it's been a while since I had a pedicure. Yep, they sure are nice! Beats bending over your tummy trying to cut straight, and forget the cuticles. That was the nice part to me, getting the cuticles all nice and tidy! Good luck. TFS

Greta said...

Oh what a neat die & card, Judy! You used to do it without a die?! I can't even imagine doing that!

Bonnie said...

This is really cool! I don't want or need anything that needs to be cut with and Exacto knife but I will take a toe manicure!

Words and Pictures said...

Definitely up for toe manicures - been meaning to do exactly that while here in NYC (much more of a thing here than in the UK) but not got around to it yet. I will if you will!

Love the card - such zingy colours.
Alison x