Sunday, April 17, 2016

Poises in a Can

A friend of mine gave me enough foam tape rolls and squares to last me the rest of my lifetime. That got me thinking that I need to get back into doing that 3D decoupage layered art. That's a great way to use lots of foam tape bits and pieces.
In fact this whole card was a great excuse to use lots of bits and pieces. All the parts of this card are snippets and leftovers so I'll be taking this over to the Snippet Playground.  I was very proud of myself for using that wide sheer ribbon. It was one of my follies that I kept even though I rarely use sheer ribbon and almost never use ribbon that wide.

The Fine Print: Decoupage image unknown (leftovers cut from a larger sheet of images), dies by Spellbinders, embossing folder by Stampin' Up, designer paper by Magenta, and ribbon from my stash. 

12 comments:

Barb said...

Wow a lovely card Judy and all made with snippets. Lovely decoupage image and such pretty colours. See you're back - good! Crafty Hugs. Barbxx

Sarn said...

Wahoo . . . a little bit of decoupage is fun sometimes (fiddly at others!).

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Love this PJ! Super decoupage work and the wide ribbon looks really great!

Sorry I'm a bit late commenting - been busy sweeping up all the empty crisp (chip) packets and bottles in the Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

chrissy xx said...

GOrgeous! I LOve your design and colours.
You do have the nicest of friends PJ.
Chrissyxx

Carol L said...

That big ribbon is perfect for this card, and I love the dimension you created with that layered image! Purple (and lavender) ROCKS!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Princess J - love every little detail!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

This is really beautiful, Judy! Perfect way to use the wide ribbon!

stampingbowd said...

This is so beautiful!!!! I love the color. I just love the dimension you added to your leaves and flowers! The ribbon is gorgeous, so glad you found a way to use it!

Craftychris said...

Really pretty card with fabulous colours and dimension! The ribbon looks lovely behind the image and the embossing is cool too! xxx

Bonnie said...

A beautiful use for that wide sheer ribbon! Love the paper and that pretty watering can full of flowers!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, lovely! Love the bluesy colour tones, and the ribbon is great. Love the posies in a can!
Alison x

LesleyG said...

You'll be decoupaging a lot then! Or you could make large shaker cards?! Pretty card, like the lattice embossing......forgot I had that one :)