Friday, April 8, 2016

Merry Monday: Feeling Sentimental

This week the crew at the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge is asking us to get sentimental and use a greeting as the focal point on our cards. I don't really own any large, fancy, fun, or funky greetings to pull this off but I can fake it well enough.
There you go! I'm all for putting the greeting on the inside of the card as it allows you to write less, but this works too. I got the added bonus of using up one of my glitter card bases too (you know instead of hoarding it).
The Fine Print: Greeting and gold EP from A Muse Studio, die by Spellbinders, poinsettia paper flower by Making Memories, glitter card base from DCWV, and gold edged ribbon from Michaels. Why, yes, I did heat emboss that sentiment, a rarity for me!

13 comments:

chrissy xx said...

If there' one thing I LOve to see it's Christmas Cards A.Y.R...
Brilliant design..I LOve your red sparkly paper PJ.
Such a pretty flower too.
Chrissyxx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Judy, a super sparkly background.
Pauline
x

Carol L said...

I love cards where the sentiment steals the show, but the pretty colors, sparkly red borders and pretty poinsettia really add to the beauty! Gorgeous card!

Fikreta said...

great card!
hope you have a great weekend
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

LesleyG said...

Pretty good for a fake, and good ,to use a sparkly card base. Pretty card indeed xxx

Susan Joyce said...

Love how you created the focal point of your card, lovely Christmas card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

Sarn said...

Looks good to me PJ. xxx

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Judy! I never use that Spellbinder, but now maybe I will as it's great for the sentiment!

MaryH said...

The bold sentiment looks terrific placed on the lacy rectangle. Perfect adornment with the festive poinsettia and the combo of the pattern paper with the glitter edging looks great. Another pretty one for the year-end stash! Happy wkend, TFS

Bonnie said...

That is a big, beautiful sentiment, PJ! It's meant to be the star! Pretty die cut framing it too and that red glitter paper is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done on faking it Princess J, and putting the large greeting on the outside - now you will have to do penance and write more on the inside of this card - or write bigger ;-)
Blessings
MAxine

Craftychris said...

That is one sparkleicious Christmas card, love it! xxx

Di said...

Love this PJ! Great sentiment as the focal point, sparkle and Christmas colours. Perfect!

Hugs

Di xx