Friday, April 1, 2016

Summer Lovin'

This is the real cat that came to live with Princess and Mr. PJ. He's a gift from my friend and came complete with instructions to make a fun summer card,which I have duplicated here.

My friend does something that is either incredibly OCD or exceptionally brilliant. You can decide. Any time she runs across an article, a nifty card photo, or directions for a stamp she owns she would clip/copy/print it out and keep it with the stamp.  That's how I got both this stamp and an article about making this style card with it.

I think it is kind of brilliant for those moments when you are stumped, you'll have some ideas at the ready, but I also think it sounds like it might be a bit of a hassle to hold onto all these pieces of paper.

The Fine Print: Stamp by Penny Black, paper flowers by Prima, paper scraps from my stash.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Umm, I think that's why they invented Pinterest! The card, however, is brilliant.
After spending weeks surrounded by 20-years of papers that have to be tossed or shredded before we move, I'm all for limiting paper (except the pretty kind you use to make a card.)

Carol L said...

I'd have to add on a room if I chose to do that, but it is a clever idea to be inspired in an instant! The card really is cute and what a fun cat to boot!

Sarn said...

I allow myself ONE LEVER ARCH FOLDER for magazine clippings of ideas I like and also that apply to stamps I own and even that periodically gets a clear out! Otherwise, I'm with Sandy . . . I use Pinterest!

Great card and brilliant for using up snippets. It's a lovely stamp addition to your collection.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Your friend sounds super organised. It must be great to have instant inspiration. I think I'd drive her nuts. I love the card. Barbxx

cotnob said...

A super card Judy, such a fun image.
Pauline
x

Craftychris said...

That is one cool cat! It's a cool card too! Your friend sounds so organised, I wish I was! xxx

Greta said...

Brilliant idea, but I'd never keep it up, knowing me! Super cute card, Judy!

Bonnie said...

Cool cat! Lucky you that your friend is so well organized!